Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error with custom theme after updating from 0.7 to 0.8.17240

kirederf

Total Posts:  10

Hi There,

I installed 0.18.17240 and copied over my custom theme and skin files which I created on 0.7. In configuration/design I set Templates, Skins and Layouts to my custom theme, but I do get the following error:

exception 'Varien_Exception' with message 'Invalid method Mage_Cms_Block_Block::addLink(Array
(
    [0] => Search Terms
    [1] => http://localhost:8888/index.php/catalogsearch/term/popular/
    [2] => Search Terms
)
)' 
in lib/Varien/Object.php:486
Stack trace
:
#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('addLink', Array)
#1app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(300): Mage_Cms_Block_Block->addLink('Search Terms', 'http://localhost...', 'Search Terms')
#2 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(175): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Array, Array)
#3 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(171): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(277): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(75): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#6 app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(26): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage()
#7 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(341): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#8 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(150): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#9 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match('index')
#10 app/Mage.php(400): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11index.php(29): Mage::run()
#12 {main}

If I leave layouts blank the page renders fine put picks the page.xml from default folder instead of my custom theme folder and therefore some of the changes I did to the layout are not loaded.

Any hints where / how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

Hi kirederf,

With the release soms template files are changed. So your own template is incompatible with the latest release.

The way I solved this issue. Use a tool to compare the files of the default templates of release 0.8.1… and 0.7 and find out which files are changed, I use Total Commander for this task. After you know which files are changed have a look at what is changed. You can do this with TotalCommander but I prefer WinMerge. When you know what exactly is changed you can change this at your own template files.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community