Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Table rates-shipping calculations-combined virtual/downloadable and real products in cart

Ian C

Total Posts:  5

I have table rates set up for calculating shipping based on the order value. It’s working fine when I have all real products OR all downloadable/virtual products in the cart (no shipping charged). But when there are both real and downloadable/virtual products, the value of the downloadable/virtual products is being (wrongly, I presume) included in the calculation of the order value for the purpose of the shipping calculation. I want to exclude any downloadable/virtual products from the shipping calculation. (This must be a bug, surely? Why would you include a downloadable or virtual product in the order value for calculating shipping charges?? Isn’t that th epoint of these products--they don’t have to be shipped?!)

I can’t see it in any bug reports. Does anybody know if it has been reported as a bug?

I see that there is an extension that says it solves the problem:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1102/shipping_cost_corrector

But the guy is charging $500, which seems a ridiculous amount of money—especially since it seems like a bug fix rather than an extension to Magento.

Does anybody know a way around this problem? Do any other shipping extensions, like AuctionMaid MatrixRate, overcome this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

This issue is now resolved within Auctionmaid Matrixrate multiple tablerate extension.  See version 2.0.11 onwards.

It is a bug in the Magento code and what it passes into the tablerate extensions, and really should be fixed there, but the workaround in matrixrate will work.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ian C

Total Posts:  5

Yep, Karen has successfully solved this problem for me.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/604/auctionmaid-matrixrate/

Version 3.0.5 is the solution I’ve installed, and it works a treat! Both virtual and downloadable products excluded form the shipping calculation. Highly recommended (and Karen has been great to deal with--thanks again Karen!)

Magento Community
Magento Community

radar123

Total Posts:  8

I have the tablerate shipping module installed, but my downloadable products have 2 different links that can be purchased separately with a price on each.  It seems to still be calculating shipping including this link cost for downloadable products.

Any insight on this?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community