Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
After 1.3.2 upgrade search results has missing items

chuddleston

Total Posts:  2

WORKAROUND:

Same issue, search did not return any results even though it seemed to be working just yesterday.  Magento 1.4.2, under 1000 products.

Re-index did not work.
Flush cache did not work.
Products and categories were properly configured, search had been working and mysteriously broke.

However, opening and saving a product without changing anything DID make that product visible to search.

My workaround:
Go to catalog > manage products, search for all enabled products marked “catalog, search” to get all the products, select all, actions > change status > enabled, then save.  Presto chango it worked for me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

texoweb

Total Posts:  7

juice1492 - 18 June 2009 03:05 AM

I was having the same problem.  After tracing through the code, I found where Magento is “filtering” out products that are uncategorized (i.e. not associated with a category).  In app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Visibility.php around line 80, is the addVisibleInSearchFilterToCollection function.  If you comment out the first line, both categorized and uncategorized products will return when doing a search.

public function addVisibleInSearchFilterToCollection(Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract $collection)

{

//$collection->setVisibility($this->getVisibleInSearchIds());
        //$collection->addAttributeToFilter('visibility', array('in'=>$this->getVisibleInSearchIds()));

return $this;

}

This fix still, unfortunately, fixes an issue in Enterprise 1.13.0.0 where products with Visibility: Search do not show up on the quick search results page. Thanks juice!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2