Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal Error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ - well thats descriptive! 

a.somervell

Total Posts:  6

Ok so running through installer, automatic download, all succeeds, nothing to do, bounces me to the next page where I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ in /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Filesystem.php:43 Stack trace: #0 /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer.php(104): Mage_Install_Model_Installer_Filesystem->install() #1 /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php(271): Mage_Install_Model_Installer->checkServer() #2 /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(341): Mage_Install_WizardController->configAction() #3 /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(150): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’config’) #4 /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #5 /srv/domain.com/store/app/Mage.php(400): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #6 /srv/domain.com/store/index.php(29): Mage::run(’default’) #7 {main} thrown in /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Filesystem.php on line 43

Any takers? I did a search and didnt find any previous posts with this error

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

a.somervell

bump wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

rscott

Total Posts:  10

I’m having exactly the same problem. This is with a new install on Windows, running PHP 5.2.3 .

Magento Community
Magento Community

rscott

Total Posts:  10

Found the cause of this - I’d used winzip to unzip the tar file. This doesn’t extract empty directories, so I ended up with the /media directory missing.

The installer seems to try to check for missing directories, but just throws an exception, rather than reporting a helpful error…

Magento Community
Magento Community

a.somervell

Hrm… i think i do have the directories in place

Magento Community
Magento Community

xeomueller

Total Posts:  3
Leipzig / Braunschweig

I have the same problem. Is there any solution? I have also these folders. There must be another failure

Magento Community
Magento Community

a.somervell

Still no definitive answer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

If you know some code, you can probably go into line 43 of /srv/domain.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Filesystem.php to figure out why an Exception was thrown at that point. It’s uncaught so it’s probably something Varien wasn’t really expecting to happen, unless they didn’t bother programming to catch it XD. Without further details on the exception and without spending too much time on looking & tracking the code myself, I’m afraid this is the best I can do to help/get you started.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xeomueller

Total Posts:  3
Leipzig / Braunschweig

Hi, now the version 1.0 is out, but I have exactly the same problem :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community