Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getSku() on a non-object

waitman

Total Posts:  8
Los Altos, California

Hello,

I’ve installed 1.3.2, it appears to function properly. Added items to cart, appeared to work properly. Items were in the cart.
Hit “View Cart” and get a completely blank page, no content.
Checked error log
[31-May-2009 14:13:55] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getSku() on a non-object in /www/seghat/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Option/Type/Select.php on line 221

Now I cannot view cart… Strange. Can seem to navigate around the rest of the site without anything breaking. Just View Cart and Checkout return 0 bytes.

Any reason this would happen mysteriously, seemingly out of the blue?

There’s no way a customer should *ever* get a blank screen for any reason IMHO.

thanks
Waitman

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

waitman

Total Posts:  8
Los Altos, California

by the way, coming in a different session, the cart is working… I am fiddling with the products, perhaps if an option or option group changes / is removed from a product it causes the error condition???? just an idear. BUT, this is kinda scary because in real life product catalogs change at the same time customers have items in the cart… so I think something else should happen besides a blank screen, it would lose the whole order… ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community