Magento Forum

Unable to Access Stores New Version Magento

dell

Total Posts:  61

I have a 4 store configuration.  With the upgrade to v0.8.... my catagories were jumbled.  Upon further inspection I find all the products were visible in all store views instead of in correct respective stores.  Finally decided to rebuild the catagory tree to get things right.  That’s when I realized the various store selectors were not selectable and there was a new top level catagory called “main website” containing every product. 

No matter how I have tried to configure the “stores” under system configuration I could not get the store selector(s) to populate (show a check box) in product catalog view.  In frustration I deleted the “main website” directory under system config/stores and made the U.S. Store the default Store. 

But, when I go to products view the “Main Website” is still visible (although not visible in config/store view) and the “Main Website” is still the only option under store views and where all the products reside.  The other stores are visible but not selectable.  Can’t figure anyway to get products back into the correct stores views again or to get the various store views selectable. 

Btw, have dumped cache and browser cache.

Reallly would appreciate any help - Dell

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Well, I have done a fresh install, fresh data base and still find I’m unable to add products to individual stores.  Products will only populate “main website”.  What makes this particularly frustrating (even above fresh install and products) is that I have another magento site that is correct (was updated by pear).  Am unable to get this installation to configure “stores” in the same way.  Continues to show “main website” as the only place products can be placed. 

Someone else must have a multi-store configuration and figured this out.

dell - 12 March 2008 10:31 AM

I have a 4 store configuration.  With the upgrade to v0.8.... my catagories were jumbled.  Upon further inspection I find all the products were visible in all store views instead of in correct respective stores.  Finally decided to rebuild the catagory tree to get things right.  That’s when I realized the various store selectors were not selectable and there was a new top level catagory called “main website” containing every product. 

No matter how I have tried to configure the “stores” under system configuration I could not get the store selector(s) to populate (show a check box) in product catalog view.  In frustration I deleted the “main website” directory under system config/stores and made the U.S. Store the default Store. 

But, when I go to products view the “Main Website” is still visible (although not visible in config/store view) and the “Main Website” is still the only option under store views and where all the products reside.  The other stores are visible but not selectable.  Can’t figure anyway to get products back into the correct stores views again or to get the various store views selectable. 

Image Attachments
product.jpgstore.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

Just like to join you on this problem .. Complete CAOS with categories and store setups are up sidedown or gone… I have the latest version and im lost on the number of small problems in this upgrade. I cant even enter to admin the stores categories anymore??? Im pretty tempted to go back to ver 7 (which ran beautifully) I know I need patients but Ive gone through so many upgrades my heads spinning ... positions cant be changed ..seems categories and store management has a bug or 2…

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

I actually have an upgraded version on a separate server that is configured correcty.  If I was tek savvy enough to know which file to copy over from the other server to straighten out this problem on the new one I would do it.  Unfortunately, can’t get Moshe or anyone else that understands the archetecture to reply to this one......  Not sure why.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

I have been monitoring forum for some time.  Still see no response or resolution to this problem.  Am I the only one on this forum with multiple store setup and problems accessing individual stores with latest version Magento?

dell - 12 March 2008 11:31 AM

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community