Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Not being VAT Registered in UK. 

Funkzilla

Total Posts:  12

Hi There

I’m just setting up my first Magento store. The company isn’t VAT registered currently so the selling price is the same regardless of where the goods are being shipped to. Has anyone any thoughts on the simplest way to set this up?

At some point in the future it probably will be VAT registered so ideally I’d like it set-up in some way that was then simple to alter once that point is reached. Don’t want to be in the position where I need to re-enter all my products or something stupid like that because I set it up incorrectly at the outset.

I’d be grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks
Paul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

I suppose just setting everything that is VATable to taxable goods but change the tax rate to 0%.

Then when you do have to charge VAT you just change the percentage and job’s a good ‘un

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community