Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

International Stores - Special Fields in checkout process

AndreasGomer

Total Posts:  1

Hey everybody,

I’m working on a store, that will be available in several countries and therefore the checkout process will vary.
As far as I know, I will have to deal with special fields like: “Codice fiscale” (Tax Number) for customers from Italy, or with a third address line for customers from Great Britain or a field for “Canton” (which means sth. like “Region") for customers coming from Switzerland.

What I would like to do here is collect all special requirements for certain countries, so that we will have a knowledge-base for all shop-creators, who will have to deal with this problem. I would like to ask you to write down all special requirements you are aware of and you have dealt with during your creation process. I would like to start with the ones, that I am aware of:

Italy:
- Codice Fiscale (Tax Number, a required field for online shopping in Italy)

Great Britain:
- Third address line (Necessary for deliveries to cities with very long addresses)

Switzerland:
- Canton (Means “Region”, necessary for delivering into different areas in Switzerland)

Thanks to every contributor.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community