Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Template path hints

emagine

Total Posts:  36

Is it me, or are tmeplate path hints missing from the new installation version? Magento ver. 0.8.17240 I cant get them to show no matter what I check in the configuration. All are on now from the default store on down and nothign shows.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I am not having a problem now, at first I did. But in the developer, select the bottom site on the dropdown list, and let it load, then in debug, untick use website, and enable template path hints. At least thats what worked for me. If you have multiple sites or something, it may be a whole different situation, but that works for my site. and of course don’t forget to Save!  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Also, make sure that your IP is in Configuration / Developer / Developer Client Restrictions / Allowed IPs, or it’s empty.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Total Posts:  36

Ahh yeah client restrictions IP address. Very clever - good stuff thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

michael_in_pp

Total Posts:  11

Also, in version, 1.0.19870.1 , when the Developer screen in the Configuration section first displays, the Current Configuration Scope may show Default Configuration.  If that is the case you will not see the Template Path Hints option. 

To display the Template Path Hints option, in the Current Configuration Scope pulldown list select either Main Website, or one of the specific stores.  The page will reload and the Template Path Hints option will then appear.

Magento Community
Magento Community

miltani

Total Posts:  1

Hi AnnaM, Thanks for ur solution.It worked for me. Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lifetimemedia

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for heads up on the IPs Moche - worked for me:)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community