Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
(SOLVED) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘created_at’ in ‘field list’

kuddus987

Total Posts:  9

created_at is a new field and so is not present in the current database. update the catalog/product index databases and it will be added and the error resolved

Ashley Madison

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kuddus987

I mean, essentially the update to 1.3.2 is pretty pointless if something as important as this is not handled during the update process.

Nature cleanse

Magento Community
Magento Community

kuddus987

I haven’t seen so many Magento people in the forums lately, so who knows if they’ll see these requests… but if enough of us keep asking, maybe the message will be heard

Acai Berry

Magento Community
Magento Community

yauchan

Total Posts:  3

i am having the same problem on php, mysql5 on a windows xp machine… is there any solution so far?

Magento Commerce
There has been an error processing your request.

Error in file: “C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-install-0.7.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘path’ in ‘field list’
Trace:
#0 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(292): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’install’, ‘’, ‘0.7.69’)
#2 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb(’0.7.69’)
#3 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\myData\Dev\magento\app\Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’default’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 C:\myData\Dev\magento\install.php(125): Mage::app(’default’)
#8 {main}

Magento is a trademark of Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien. Copyright © 2008 Irubin Consulting Inc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dax

Total Posts:  32

There is indeed a very simple solution - see above:

furnitureforyoultd - 30 May 2009 09:32 AM

System > Cache Management > Rebuild Catalog Index/Rebuild Flat Catalog Category/Rebuild Flat Catalog Product

Click rebuild for each one and it’ll add that field into the new database

... and as discussed later in the thread, this is something to do after nearly all Magento upgrades (until they automate it)

Magento Community
Magento Community

All About Doors and Windows

Total Posts:  51
Kansas City, MO USA

Then the smart thing in this case would make it part of the update process, but I guess that would be just be too much, LOL.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tommy_Smith

Total Posts:  23

kuddus987 - 28 August 2009 12:12 AM

created_at is a new field and so is not present in the current database. update the catalog/product index databases and it will be added and the error resolved

Ashley Madison

I have a similar error message which I just can’t seem to solve: 

SQLSTATE[42S22]Column not found1054 Unknown column 'category_ids' in 'field list'

Apologies for me being dumb, but when you say “update” the databases could you list the steps which I need to do. Is it something in Magento Admin or PhpMyAdmin?

When you say “catalogue/product index databases” do you mean the whole list of about 30 tables within the Magento database, which are named “catalog_product_something” ?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoninPB

Total Posts:  1

Thx for this help, saved me hours

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

Generally its pretty much always worth rebuilding the caches and deleting the var folder if things start to go wrong

Magento Community
Magento Community

partscash

Total Posts:  38
Indiana

Does anyone know how to resolve this if you can not get into the admin area?  If I put in the user and pass and I got the following message.  This was on a new install of 1.3.2.4 - The front end is up and running but I can not get past this screen when logging into the backend

SQLSTATE[42S22]Column not found1054 Unknown column 'main_table.is_global' in 'field list'

Magento Community
Magento Community

rkscott

Total Posts:  32

partscash - 20 February 2010 06:04 PM

Does anyone know how to resolve this if you can not get into the admin area?  If I put in the user and pass and I got the following message.  This was on a new install of 1.3.2.4 - The front end is up and running but I can not get past this screen when logging into the backend

SQLSTATE[42S22]Column not found1054 Unknown column 'main_table.is_global' in 'field list'

You could use phpmyadmin ..... in table core_config_data set catalog/frontend/flat_catalog_product to 0
also set catalog/frontend/flat_catalog_category to 0

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

Total Posts:  172

Thanks to this thread!  I was able to fix a problem with bundle product skus - using a local.xml mod from another thread.

Was hitting an sql error and rebuiding indexes was the key.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Olof

Total Posts:  152

Chaps I’m getting:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘is_searchable’ in ‘where clause’

When I try to save a product (and its set to update the search index on save…

Any clues!!

Thanks

RIch

Magento Community
Magento Community

RickyFk

Total Posts:  165

tl.smith - 22 November 2009 01:10 AM

kuddus987 - 28 August 2009 12:12 AM

Ashley Madison

I have a similar error message which I just can’t seem to solve: 

SQLSTATE[42S22]Column not found1054 Unknown column 'category_ids' in 'field list'

Apologies for me being dumb, but when you say “update” the databases could you list the steps which I need to do. Is it something in Magento Admin or PhpMyAdmin?

When you say “catalogue/product index databases” do you mean the whole list of about 30 tables within the Magento database, which are named “catalog_product_something” ?

Thanks

When I try to create associated products for a configurable product by clicking “copy from configurable”, it pops up the screen allowing me to enter all the details for the associated product, however when I click save I am also getting this error

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I am getting this problem on 1.4.1 and also on another site which is on 1.4.0.1

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1155

I just encountered the same error for one of our clients and was able to fix it by disabling the SQLi Dashboard extension.

To disable the extension, edit the /app/etc/modules/Sqli_Dashboard.xml file and set the <active> tag to “false”.

Just thought this may be useful for others as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3