Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A test site : yokado futon

eviso

Total Posts:  6

i just run a test site for customize the defaut theme of magento installation.

please visite this url: http://yokado.evisoservice.com/

but i still have a few problem :

1, how to make the PNG’s transparence work in IE6/7?

2, i’m hosting this demo site on Dreamhost.com, but it’s really slow when i load a page (always 5-6 sec.)

thanks…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hansoloz

Total Posts:  22
Minneapolis, MN

this has worked for me in all ie6 contexts for displaying a png transparency as a background… basically drop this in an ie6 css document :

#your_div_container {background-image:none;}
#your_div_container {
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader (enabled=truesizingMethod=crop src='img/your_image.png');

don’t forget to add the conditional head element:

<!--[if IE 6]>
    <
link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/css/ie6.css" />
    <!
[endif]-->

Magento Community
Magento Community

eviso

thanks hansoloz,

i wanna know it’s work too in IE 7?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hansoloz

Minneapolis, MN

as far as i know (and have experienced), there should be native support for transparent pngs in IE7… so you shouldn’t need this fix for IE7.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eviso

thanks grin

i will try this code soon…

Magento Community
Magento Community

hansoloz

Minneapolis, MN

i forgot to mention that this will work for only pngs that are set as background images…

so, your css for modern browsers like firefox, ie7, safari would look like this:

#your_div_container {background-image:url(img/your_image.png);}

good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Steve Yan

Total Posts:  9

FYI, png is not that well-supported.  I did some cross-browser work a few months ago and there were issues with IE 5.5 or 6.0 (can’t remember now).  The images would not show on the browser.  Note, there is a way around this problem but it involves some code hacking.  I suggest going with gif if you need the transparency effect.  The gif and jpg formats have been around longer and are better supported in browsers.

With regards to performance, you may want to bring this issue up with your hosting provider.  I pulled up your site and checked the download times of the individual page elements.  The timings are significantly slower (2 to 3 times) than the hosting provider (http://www.SimpleHelix.com) I am using to evaluate Magento.  Both servers are located in California so there is not a distance factor here.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community