Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pb with categories

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

Hi… I have a pb with categories… when I Add one it does not appear on the site.... and when I modify one nothing happens either… so if I change “electronics” to another name..it just stays “electronics..."… any guidance would be cool! Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

What version are you using. Before this latest version, a product had a “Store View” and it was classic mistake to not have the product visible in your ‘English Store” In this latest version 0.81742 I no longer see that store view in the product or category areas, so not sure what that means exactly, but its something different. So if you are using the previous betas, check that dropdown list in upper left corner of the product and category setup and make sure its “English Store”

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

Thanks for your reply… I am using this version : magento-0.8.17240

Now the funny thing is wether I am under french or english, the site is in french… And when I try to change the Categories header under english shop (or any actually) it just would not change it......languages are causing me trouble too… If i set up the default language to be in french in admin… it is always french wether we chose english or german or whatever.... if I pu it in english , it is all in english and does not convert to any other language.... this could be the cause ... don’t know really but it seems related..

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Hmm, yes that does seem odd.  I wonder, can you tell me, why is it we don’t see this store view anymore in Categories, and Products.  I am missing something in the new implementation I guess. Seems you are still seeing it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

Ok… I am getting there… seems like it all has to do with languages.... I managed to change the caegory header “electronics” to something else....in english...but not the other language..but I think I go it… If it gets clear to me I’ll post the solution… but I am only fiddling around so far…

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Where are you seeing these things? I do not have Store View anymore in category setup, or product setup, or even when Listing all the proudcts, that header “Storeo View” is not there anymore.  What am I missing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

I do have “store view” in category setup ... in english and french .... next to the Category fields..... I’ve put a screen capture of what I amgetting ...so you can see if you’re getting this.. It also has my issue.... what I’m trying to do..

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

hummm...any pro can help by any chance?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Sorry to not have the answer, but wanted to clarify why yI wasn’t seeing store view so people won’t think I am a maniac or something. LOL My programmer was experimenting with some stuff and I didn’t know it, tsk tsk, but its all fine now. So I am sane.  well, close to it anyway. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

You can read the following thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4250/:

help it helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

Burton S.

Total Posts:  22

I have installed version 0.81742 and now when I am editing a product, I can see the different store views under the websites tab, but I can’t select a store view the way I could with the last version. Anna, is this what you were describing with your site? If so, how did you resolve the problem?

Tiger

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

well similar, except I only have one store view.  I found out one of my posts was wrong, I sitll cannot see store view when editing a product or category.  So I edit something and on the front end it doesn’t show.  New stuff I add is fine, but products from previous betas that were already in the db, if I edit thenm, the changes do not show on the front end.  Strangely in the database my sql guy says he can see both, the old descritpiton and the edited description.  Seems to be a few people with similar problems in this beta.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

well similar, except I only have one store view.  I found out one of my posts was wrong, I sitll cannot see store view when editing a product or category.  So I edit something and on the front end it doesn’t show.  New stuff I add is fine, but products from previous betas that were already in the db, if I edit thenm, the changes do not show on the front end.  Strangely in the database my sql guy says he can see both, the old descritpiton and the edited description.  Seems to be a few people with similar problems in this beta.

^^^

I am facing this exact same issue with v1.0…

I had categories in a previous version that was working fine, and they are still working fine.. but as soon as I try to edit them, I see the update in the backend and not on the frontend…

any solutions ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

I find out something…

I went direclty to phpmyadmin and update manually:

UPDATE `catalog_category_entity_varchar` SET `value` = ‘PRODUCTS_AND_PAGE’ WHERE `value_id` =152 LIMIT 1 ;

and it works…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community