Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Integration with Joomla

DuwayneWebPro

Total Posts:  2

VERY NICE!! I will check this out this weekend!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Weezers Gifts

Total Posts:  71
PA

Hi All,

New here and to my surprise I am very much impressed so far with the looks of Magento.  I am currently running Joomla 1.56 and VirtueMart and to be honest I am not at all happy with the Virtue Mart as it is limited in certain areas and functions.  I have found that the functions I was seeking for Virtue Mart are not available but are available with Magento. 

I am wanting to make the BIG Switchover from Virtue Mart but have a few very important questions, LOL.

1) How easy/hard is it to integrate Magento into Joomla? 

2) Does anyone have a site up running both for viewing so I can determine if I want to run just a standard Magento site or a site with Magento integrated into Joomla? 

3) Are there any drawbacks or issues with the integrations

4) Are there any tools to import the data from my current database for VM into a Magento DB?  I currently have over 1500 items listed in my VM and really don’t want to manually enter all those over again.

Thank you very much for your time reading and replying to these questions in advance.  Your time is much appreciated.

Ron S.
Weezers Gifts and Merchandise

Magento Community
Magento Community

Apophenian

This is so frustrating!

The latest plugin for magento doesn’t work with the latest version of jfusion, and the version of jfusion i want (1.0.7 stable) doesn’t seem to be available on their website!

Has anyone had any success with the latest version of jfusion?

Cheers,

Rane

Magento Community
Magento Community

Apophenian

Sorry for my earlier outburst! 

found what I needed here - http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,126/f,11/jfile,viewtopic.php/t,1397/

Magento Community
Magento Community

hwevers

Total Posts:  4

JFusion 1.1.0 Beta has been released. Now get full control over integrating multiple softwares at the same time, with the new master/slave capabilities. In this version you can also link multiple Joomla installations. JFusion is a free GPL plugin for the award winning Content Management System (CMS) Joomla. JFusion provides universal user integration, by extending the Joomla 1.5 user authentication framework without any core hacks. JFusion does not support every software out-of-the-box, but is designed for people to easily write a plugin to create a bridge, without re-inventing the wheel. Currently supported softwares are: vBulletin 3.7.2, phpBB3, MyBB 1.4, IPB, SMF 1.1.4 and punBB. Automatic dual login is now supported for vbulletin, myBB, IPB, magento and phpBB3!!! NO support for Joomla 1.0.x, as this plugin is dependent on the beautiful Joomla 1.5 framework. A “latest post” type forum activity module is also included this release

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyberfab007

Has anyone fixed this issue , I am trying to install magneto with jfusion on my site and am having issues the version not being compatible. that link that is post above is not working can someone help with some direction here please

Magento Community
Magento Community

hwevers

Total Posts:  4

There are already many sites running Magento and Joomla using JFusion.
Go to http://www.jfusion.org.
There is a special forum for Magento and Moodle support

Magento Community
Magento Community

emagin

Total Posts:  3
San Francisco, CA

There is also this project by a google summer of code guy in Vietnam that looks very promising.
http://community.joomla.org/labels/magento-and-joomla-integration.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

rogeriobrito

Total Posts:  1

Any recent news on this topic?

Thanks
Rogerio

Magento Community
Magento Community

magiclogixinc

Total Posts:  21
Dallas, TX

rogeriobrito - 29 March 2011 04:46 PM

Any recent news on this topic?

Thanks
Rogerio

I’ve made a small tutorial on how to take Joomla modules, and output them on Magento.  More info is here: http://www.magentoadvisor.com/tips/integrate-joomla-modules-into-magento/

If anyone needs help just let me know, my email is brady[at]magiclogix.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4