Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integration with Joomla

Dan_Knauss

Total Posts:  7

Is there a demo site for this project?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Total Posts:  27
Brazil

not yet. sorry dan.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dan_Knauss

Total Posts:  7

no problem. I will keep an eye on the project progress. thanks for your work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Total Posts:  27
Brazil

just pinging this thread to let you know I’ve released a preview version of the plugin for magento 1.0.

Instructions here: http://www.joomla.com.br/blog/2008/04/03/magentojoomla-status-update-ii/

(feedback is much appreciated)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boot Dr

Total Posts:  1
Williamsville VT

Hello Matheus Mendes
I am in the process of setting up a new site using Joomla 1.5 and have been watching the progress of Magneto the last few days. Could you or someone let me know where things are at. I have been testing with Virtuemart but I’m not completely impressed. The things I need to do are a bit to complex in Virtuemart. I know of a site in Massachusetts USA that is using Magento but he is using something besides Joomla.

Thank You
Alan

Magento Community
Magento Community

dax702

Total Posts:  77
las vegas, nv

I’m interested to see how this develops too.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

junglemason

Total Posts:  22
Portland, OR

Matheus, nice work.  What reference materials would you recommend looking at for someone attempting to write an integration with another CMS suite or other software as far as auth/login sync are concerned?  I’m interested in writing something to integrate Magento with a homebrew (eventually open source) application and I would like to use the homebrew login and have it automatically log the users into the Magento side.

Thanks for any advice!

-Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

If you are looking for that kind of login integration you just need to look at the session management and the login management.  The approach taken by JFusion where they rewrite the Joomla login to use a different system seems to be the easiest.  What I would do is take your login functions and instead of querying your own database of users/passwords, query the Magento user database to authenticate that.  As you can see in the JFusion plugin it is just a SQL statement against the Magento database.  The same with the Session routines.  Include the Mage::App() in your CMS and use the Session creation functions of Magento instead of your own.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  10
Bratislava, Slovakia

For those interested in Joomla / Magento integration. Perhaps you are aware of the JFusion project (that bigodines pioneered the integration on) - it is continuing and has the ambition to integrate several third-party programs including Magento. Marius, the JFusion developer is having some detchnical dificulties with that but is about to publish a developers guide. His recent answer on the integration work developments is:

“Only the phpBB3 JFusion plugin has the capability of being a JFusion slave at the moment. The other plugins (including magento) do not have the updateUser() function that allows JFusion to create/update a magento user. I would certainly appreciate the help of the community for creating these functions. That is why I added the developers manual on my todo-list for the next couple of days, as this guide would open up development to other developers.”

Please watch the thread http://jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t;=572.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Now see, THIS is something that Varien should step up and assist with - if only with the coding issues.

I mean, code is little more than numbers, letters and symbols arranged in a particular order so as to elicit an action.
So, why can’t Varien and Marius collaborate on what should be a relatively simple code configuration/fix for this integration?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

TomC - 19 June 2008 08:07 AM

So, why can’t Varien and Marius collaborate on what should be a relatively simple code configuration/fix for this integration?

Because I don’t think it’s a top priority for Varien. I would rather them focus on Magento, improving the performance and speed, adding more ecommerce features, etc. Things like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc., integrations should be left up to other developers. In fact, a WordPress integration extension was just released today.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Crucial - 19 June 2008 09:28 AM

In fact, a WordPress integration extension was just released today.

By whom?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

TomC - 19 June 2008 01:45 PM

By whom?

By lazzymonk:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/296/lazzymonks-wordpress-integration

Magento Community
Magento Community

DuwayneWebPro

Total Posts:  2

has anyone had success with joomla and magento yet? im going to dive into it today and see how everything works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manuel2283

Total Posts:  5

I have successfully Managed to Run Joomla 1.56 latest release and the latest version of Magento 1.13 running the latest version of jfusion.

below is a link to my thread with a brief how to.
http://www.jfusion.org/support/viewtopic.php?f=14&t;=891&start;=0&st;=0&sk;=t&sd;=a

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community