Ok. I’ll give it a try then smile

thanks for your reply Roy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dax702

Total Posts:  77
las vegas, nv

just chiming in to stay notified of updates to this thread =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Total Posts:  27
Brazil

Guys,

i’m creating the bridge between Magento and Joomla! and realised magento doesn’t have a “Remember Me” feature. You’re using a random string generator (or applying md5() over something random for each session).

As I’m using cURL to authenticate against magento I would like to know if you plan to use some kind of “Remember Me” mechanism that can be stored in a cookie (salted passwords or a formula to generate a unique hash for each user..)

Integration is almost ready.. just need to to fix this user session issue.. the way it is, I cannot get the right “frontend” value during the authentication.

well.. if you would like to suggest a different approach, feel free to reply :D

-bigo

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwards

Total Posts:  1

Hi bigo, did you try the jfusion approach?
Look at http://www.jfusion.org/
maybe it would make life easier, and it would also allow you to avoid licence problems, since the author said
“I have asked the FSF on the JFusion framework and GPL compatibility. I asked him if a GPL and non-GPL software could access/share the same mySQL table. They replied to me with:
If I understand you correctly, the SMF and your GPLed plug-in access the same table using normal SQL calls. As the two plug-ins are not derivatives of each other, or of MySQL, I see no problem there.
Problems arrise when you use bridges to create a single new software (the code-glue-code model), however with JFusion the two products remain stand-alone and only the username/passwords are synchronised using standard SQL calls. The FSF can not see a problem with it, so there is no reason for concern in my opinion.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Brazil

hello edwards,

yes, I’m using JFusion for the integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediacrea

Total Posts:  71
Marseille

hi,

Very interesting project, if you need someone to test it and make some feedback for it, i’m here grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mexx

Total Posts:  35
Germany

Same as laurentmars: I’m very exited about the joomla integration of magento. U will get feedback after publishing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Instantinlaw

I would also like to offer beta testing. I am so hoping that someone can intergrate Magento into Joomla. VM is the only option right now and it’s really not that good of an option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

onsitenet

Hi all! [very first post, happy to be here]

I’m here for the same reason as many of us. The Joomla! intergration (because VM is ...no good)
I have to say that I was amazed by the DEMO and of the looks of this project. It actually ROCKS!!!
I’m not a professional coder (yet) and I can’t see any “black spot” in Magento, but… looks so damn good it makes me want it right now!

Congratulations to the M team!

Hope I can help any way I can,
George

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Brazil

I’m sorry guys! I forgot to update this thread. I’ve posted a while ago a “how to” get magento and Joomla! togheter. I haven’t tested with the latest magento version.

Any feedback is _much_ appreciated (it works for me but I’m not sure if it will work for everyone rasberry).

you may check it here:
http://www.joomla.com.br/blog/2008/02/14/magento-and-joomla-howto/

-bigo

Magento Community
Magento Community

arrasoft

Hi,
I followed your “What you will need:” explanations, but I have hard time to install Magento on my server.
I try to install inside the Joomla (I mean I have a Joomla running under public_html and I added a folder /magento/ there, were I want to install magento), in the step 3 is giving me a 500 error all the time.
Question is: I can install in that way or I need a separate install (another domain...)? - that can be the cause of erorrs?
Any help highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alin

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Brazil

@arrasoft : error 500 is pretty generic. You shoud try to find your error logs to see what’s going wrong. I have magento and joomla installed in the same server with no problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ranger_lp

Total Posts:  2

I attempted to install the magento-joomla bridge after installing jfusion. I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function data() on a non-object in C:\scripts\j15\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 64

Any Ideas?

Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Brazil

this looks like a problem installing jfusion and not the integration, right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

timburkart

Total Posts:  5

I got the same error as ranger_lp! From what I could tell the JFusion installation was successful, and there doesn’t seem to be anything to configure until after you install the Magento plugin, right? Unless you’re using JFusion for something else, which I’m not, what’s there to configure?

AFAIK the files are in the right place - mysite/administrator/components/com_jfusion/magento/ and mysite/administrator/components/com_jfusion.xml. I updated the xml file as instructed and there are two files in the magento folder. Did I miss anything?

I’m running Joomla 1.5.1 and the latest beta release of Magento.

Please help!

Thanks,
Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4