Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Integration with Joomla

BlackNinja

Total Posts:  42

Hi

I am blown away by Magento.  It’s going to be a long wait for the stable release and even though I use Joomla, I will make sure somehow that this e-commerce solution gets onto one of my websites.  It’s so slick, I wanted to kis the screen!!! wink.  Kid in a sweet shop or what?

Having heard about Magento on the Joomla forums, I popped straight over to see what the rumble was about.  Now I know.  I also know that this is jumping ahead a bit, but do you think there will be any integration with Joomla CMS? 

Other than Virtuemart there isn’t any other e-commerce solution out there which works well with Joomla and also does what it says on the box.  So, I thought I’d ask because if you don’t ask you just never know.....

Nice forums too.  I’m going to kick off my shoes and get comfy!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Welcome BlackNinja! We are very interested in integrating Joomla with Magento. Hopefully someone from the community can take this on and lead the effort. We’ll help in any way we can smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Having work as a professional developer with Joomla! - I can say that a lot of developers are reluctant to do work with Joomla! because of the license problems they are facing - however I am sure that someone will look into this smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

BlackNinja

Total Posts:  42

Roy, thanks for responding. That’s such exciting news that you’re open to integration with Joomla.  I only wish I had the development skills myself to jump on in, I’d get started tonight. This is a real treat to know that Magenta is out there, already wowing the masses.  I know there is a way to go from what I have read, but I really am very happy (as I can see many others are) and I’m sure that some talented person from the Joomla community will come forward and pounce on this opportunity to integrate the two.  Thanks to you all for developing Magento and offering it free to the community.  As ecommerce solutions stand, to me, based on what I have seen and played with in the demo, this really is a breath of fresh air.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Los Angeles, CA

Spread the word the the Joomla community and hopefully we can get the right team to help out smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tony

Total Posts:  8
Seattle, WA

Roy, I think with the push to Joomla 1.5 most of the developer community is placing focus and emphasis on that particular goal. However, I do think there are developers out there that can and will assist with the effort to integrate the two platforms. I myself would love to to be apart of that however, I’m still a bit of a newbie when it comes to Joomla, although not new to web programming at all.

I actually started the buzz over in the Joomla community, you can see the post here, to read more on that. I think it would be a great thing if you could post what you had said earlier regarding the interest to assist Joomla developers with any information they need to integrate Magento with Joomla.

I feel now that Joomla 1.5 has moved more towards an MVC approach this could become a lot easier than previously. I will endeavor to keep you up to date with the Joomla efforts and when the time comes to pull the resources together I’ll be sure to let you know.

I think Magento is really the best thing since sliced bread for the open source community in the realm of ecommerce. To integrate your solution with Joomla or any other CMS such as Drupal would really boost the competitive offerings of companies like myself.

Thanks,
Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Los Angeles, CA

Hey Tony - sorry for taking a bit to reply. We are very much interested and look forward to discussing this in greater detail with Joomla developers. Perhaps you can set something up?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChrisO

Total Posts:  1

I am new to CMS and am learning Joomla. I was looking for eCommerce solution and came upon Magento from the Joomla forum. It is receiving a lot of great comments and feedback there. I hope both parties will take necessary steps to determine workability and solution for integration. That’s my two cents worth. Add it to the “move forward” section.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Redman

Total Posts:  6

Some of Joomla or Mambo features would be nice. Components, Images handling, Insert scripts (Plugins) ......

Magento Community
Magento Community

cpetrauskas

Total Posts:  6
Portland, Oregon, USA

OK, let’s talk Joomla!:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/141

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Los Angeles, CA

This will be a popular group. I’m in!

Magento Community
Magento Community

karel develop

Total Posts:  4

Magento looks pretty damn fantastic & it’ll be ace if you can get hooked up in the joomla world.
i mean - as good as virtuemart is - joomla is crying out for a better alternative!
look forward to the day this happens:)

Magento Community
Magento Community

VisiGod

Total Posts:  5
São Marcos, Sintra, Portugal

I’m in. I have some experience with Joomla and you can count me in if help is needed smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

baijianpeng

Total Posts:  7

I strongly support the idea of integrating Magento with Joomla! . Magento can do eCommerce well, and leave the CMS part to Joomla! then.

In addition, I would like to suggest the core team of Magento to give up .csv format language file, you can use .ini format language file, just as Joomla! 1.5 does. You have the chance to change since Magento is still in beta version.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigodines

Total Posts:  27
Brazil

Hello,

what is the status of this project? Who is actually working on it? I’m asking because I’m whiling to help.  I have experience developing Joomla! extensions and have some time for this. If none is working I’ll start creating something by myself I just don’t like the idea of reinventing the wheel smile

So, if some of you already started the integration between Joomla and Magento, please drop me a line:

bigodines ~@~ Joomla.com.br

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Los Angeles, CA

I am not aware of anyone from the community that is actively working on integration. We’d love to see this happen smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4