Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Personalized products / Custom Options

BigBlock

Total Posts:  85

How do I setup unique personalized options for each product?

i.e.  I set up my product, it’s custom options .... ok fine works…
but when a customer goes to check out and orders 2 of that item, how do I set it up so that each item’s custom options are unique? so that magento makes the user fill out the custom option for EACH item ordered , not just once for however many products they added to cart?

-sean

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

Well, if the customer wants two items, each personalized differently, I guess he will just put one in the cart with the first personalisation and then go back and add the other with another personalisation. And if he wants two items with the same personalisation, he will just put 2 in the quantity. Is there any reason to not allow a customer to do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BigBlock

Total Posts:  85

Anders Rasmussen - 29 May 2009 08:20 AM

Well, if the customer wants two items, each personalized differently, I guess he will just put one in the cart with the first personalisation and then go back and add the other with another personalisation. And if he wants two items with the same personalisation, he will just put 2 in the quantity. Is there any reason to not allow a customer to do this?

It’s a usability issue, right now that’s exactly what I am doing [hiding the quantity selector on the item and checkout pages] but you get users who “don’t get it” and also the problem will arise that a user needs 4 items, but the stock runs out at 3.

confused & frustrated users = no conversion

-sean

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community