Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to install osCommerce migration tool by Magento Connect (Fatal Error)

kksharma1618

Total Posts:  2

Hi all.

I am not able to install osCommerce migration tool extension. I am getting this error while i am installing it through Magento Connect.

Failed to download magento-core/Mage_Oscommerce within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 1.0.19700, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Oscommerce-1.0.19700” to install Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Oscommerce’, invalid or missing package file Install Errors Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Oscommerce” is not valid PEAR ERROR: install failed

Does anyone know, what am i doing wrong here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

By default Magento connect just loads extensions marked as ‘stable’, but the oscommerce extension is marked as beta.
To download and install beta extensions,go the the magento connect manager,there on the tab settings where you can select ‘beta’,

But note that afaik the oscommerce extension does not work on magento 1.3. So if you intend to use it with 1.3 you should read the last view reviews/comments on the extension page - some people explain there how they used this extension.

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anton Aleksandrov

Total Posts:  17
Riga, Latvia

Check out this fixed extension: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1676

Magento Community
Magento Community