Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do i edit the email contents

Kranthi Kiran Y S

Total Posts:  11

Hi,

How to edit the email content of login email, order email, invoice email. Because for,

Example: After login the user will get the email in that email we will get this content “If you have any questions about your account or any other matter, please feel free to contact us at or by phone at (555) 555-0123.” So, i want to edit this content.

And also in Order and Invoice email i want to edit “Thank you for your order from Main Website Store. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at or call us at (555) 555-0123 Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm PST. ”

So can any one please tell and help me in which file i want to edit this.

Thanks and Regards
Kranthi

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

questo

Total Posts:  3

Hi. 
You can edit email templates here: app/en_US/template/email/

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Hi Kranthi,

If you do as questo suggests, your e-mail changes will get overwritten the next time you upgrade Magento.

The correct way to make changes to your transactional e-mails is to do it in the admin. Go to System->Transactional Emails.

Click “Add new Template”

Then select the e-mail you want to edit from the dropdown and click “Load Template”. Make your changes and save when you’re done.

Make sure once you’ve done this, you go into System->Configuration->Sales E-mails and select the custom template you made in the dropdowns.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community