Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Advanced Search to top links

georgek

Total Posts:  23

Hi All,

I’m trying to move the Advanced Search from the footer to the top links. I thought it would be as easy as changing catalogsearch.xml and modify the code as below. This does add the advanced search to the top links, but it isn’t clickable. Any ideas what I’m missing?

<!-- <reference name="footer_links> -->
        <reference name="
top.links">
            <action method="
addLink" translate="label title" module="catalogsearch"><label>Advanced Search</label><url helper="catalogsearch/getAdvancedSearchUrl" /><title>Advanced Search</title></action> 
        </reference>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

georgek

Total Posts:  23

Solved it by not using the url helper. It’s a bit of a hack and I’d like to know why the url helper doesn’t work, but it’ll do for now.

<reference name="top.links">
                    <
action method="addLink" translate="label" module="catalogsearch"><li/><a>href="{{baseSecureUrl}}catalogsearch/advanced/"</a><label>Advanced Search</label></action>
       </
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community

corbykissler

Total Posts:  39

why is there no answer to this post after nearly 3 months?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community