Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding Pictures

eitai2001
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi.

I have so far been successful with magento with each hiccup being fixed.
But now I have a new problem.

When I try add a picture, I do the usual upload, and set the picture as the default. But as soon after I click save and continue (or even just save), if I look at the image section of the product, it shows as if I did not upload anything. Now I have many other products with pictures, so its not that I don’t know how to upload. I upload it just fine ... it shows the uploaded picture, but as soon as I click save, the uploaded picture disappears and it says no image.

What do I do from here?

Regards

Itai

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

I have also tried disabling and refreshing the cache, but nothing works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Do some quick investigations to figure out where the source of the problem is:

-go into the media directory via your file manager and see if you can find the image you just uploaded
-go into phpmyadmin or whatever your MYSQL client is and run this query:

SELECT *
FROM `PREFIX_catalog_product_entity_media_gallery`
where entity_id = X;

PREFIX is your database prefix, and X should be the ID of the product you’re trying to upload images for.

These two investigations will at least give you some idea of where the problem is. If the image exists in the folder and the database, there’s something funky going on with your admin. If the image doesn’t exist in the folder or in the database, then it’s not getting uploaded.

If it’s the latter, I would look into permissions on your media directory. Make sure they are set to 775, or if that doesn’t work, temporarily try 777.
Also, you can check your disk space and make sure it’s not full. That would lead to this behavior.
I’ve also heard of issues with IE7, so try switching your brower.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

ksolaro - 29 May 2009 06:01 AM

Do some quick investigations to figure out where the source of the problem is:

-go into the media directory via your file manager and see if you can find the image you just uploaded
-go into phpmyadmin or whatever your MYSQL client is and run this query:

SELECT *
FROM `PREFIX_catalog_product_entity_media_gallery`
where entity_id = X;

PREFIX is your database prefix, and X should be the ID of the product you’re trying to upload images for.

These two investigations will at least give you some idea of where the problem is. If the image exists in the folder and the database, there’s something funky going on with your admin. If the image doesn’t exist in the folder or in the database, then it’s not getting uploaded.

If it’s the latter, I would look into permissions on your media directory. Make sure they are set to 775, or if that doesn’t work, temporarily try 777.
Also, you can check your disk space and make sure it’s not full. That would lead to this behavior.
I’ve also heard of issues with IE7, so try switching your brower.

Hi.

I’ve done all you said. Its not adding to the database, or the media folder. Everything is set to 777 and the server still has 3.5gb of space, so I have no idea where else the problem might be.
As I mentioned, when I do the upload, and I move the mouse over the block ... it shows the uploaded picture ... it only disapears after I press save. And it worked with the first 100 products, and I never changed any settings I can think of.

What I did do was install the Gift Voucher app, and then it wasn’t showing up in admin so I deleted it and maybe that has something to do with it.

This is killing me, because it is I need to launch soon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Itai

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

Ok ... I restored the database back to before I entered products when everything was still working, and it still doesn’t work so its nothing in the database. I have no clue what else it could be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

Small update ... I used the Magnetic One Store manager to try upload a photo, and that worked ... it seems like an admin based issue…

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

I just installed a fresh copy of 1.3.2 and created a test product, and it gave the same problem with the image. So its nothing in the files or database. But it used to work, could there be any server settings hindering this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

I copied the exact contents from my current server to a new one, and suddenly the pictures are working again. It seems to be server related.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community