Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Module - Backend PHTML path? 

pumaka

Total Posts:  34

I added a custom module using the ModuleCreator.

I use the “default” theme in the backend, and “blank” in the front end. The newly created module tab redirects me to a blank page that is styled like the “blank” page, not “default”.

Can’t figure out what is the location of the backend/admin HTML page?

TIA

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pumaka

-- bump—

Magento Community
Magento Community

pumaka

Bumping again, with more details.

- I added a new module using ModuleCreator.
- Was able to activate it via Configuration -> Advanced.
- The new module MENU tab shows up in the Admin section, but when I click on the button, it takes me to a blank page.
- I’m using “default” theme for the backend, and a custom theme for the frontend. However, this new button takes me to a blank page styled using my custom theme.

So my question is—where can I see this custom module admin page? Is it a php, xml or phtml file?

I want to add content to it, and if possible, change it to “default” theme like the rest of the admin section.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikejonesey

Total Posts:  25

the module creator does not create a blank page but a page more like the manage products one;

are you using the latest “moduleCreator” ?;

also to just use the standard templates rather than php (might be easyer for you; you just add template=".../blabla.phtml" on the block created in your new module config (/def/def/layout/module.xml)).

to ensure the module creatore is creating all the nesisary files temporarily chown to apache then chown back to [user].

Magento Community
Magento Community

thanos_pretty

Total Posts:  8

I had the same problem.. when specifying a custom theme moduleCreator thinks that you are using it for the admin view as well and places the xml file in the wrong folder.

Find the <module>.xml file in the folder design/adminhtml/default/<ctheme_name>/layout/, cut and paste it to the folder design/adminhtml/default/<default/layout/ and that should sort it out

Magento Community
Magento Community

pumaka

Thank you, both.

I couldn’t figure it out and ended up including Admin content into an existing page.

I’ll try your suggestions though, since I’d prefer to have a separate page for my module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OzzyCzech

Total Posts:  21
Ostrava

I have same problem with my plugin. My plugin show blank page in admin area. It was becouse the app/design/adminhtml/default/default/layout/<mymodule>.xml was not included.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community