Magento Forum

Grouped Configurable Products

James Paden

Total Posts:  1

Can I add configurable products to a grouped product yet?  I noticed I can add individual SKU’s, but I would like to use the drop-down system.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cornernote

Total Posts:  16

I am also interested in doing this.  I noticed that I can add simple products but not configurable products to a group.

Grouping is an awesome feature and the ability to group configurable products will be the icing on the cake.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

I think this is what the ‘Bundles’ feature will do when it is released.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haig

Total Posts:  2

I’m also trying to figure out the best solution for my webstore.
Seems like being able to group configurable products would be very useful.

example:

The store sells clothing oufits:
each outfit is a combo of 2-3 individual pieces of clothing ( jeans, shirt and sweater)

each individual piece of clothing has sizes and colors to pick from.

I started by making simple products for each size and color of individual piece but now I can’t group them into outfits.

Is there any way of doing this without the ability to group configurable products?

thanks
haig

Magento Community
Magento Community

brimllc

Total Posts:  11
Cincinnati, OH

We recently added configurable support to our Grouped Options product, http://ecommerce.brimllc.com/grouped-options.html.  You can now associate configurable products with grouped products in Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAustralia

Total Posts:  37
Sydney, Australia

brimllc - 22 August 2011 05:39 PM

We recently added configurable support to our Grouped Options product, http://ecommerce.brimllc.com/grouped-options.html.  You can now associate configurable products with grouped products in Magento.

Your extension looks great, especially for clothing that contains many different sizes and colours. I didn’t see a backend demo where we could actually play around with the different setups we might be looking for?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brimllc

Total Posts:  11
Cincinnati, OH

Mageman - 01 September 2011 11:38 PM

Your extension looks great, especially for clothing that contains many different sizes and colours. I didn’t see a backend demo where we could actually play around with the different setups we might be looking for?

Mageman, Thanks.  We recently created a backend demo so feel free to play around.

http://go-demo.brimllc.com/index.php/admin/ (go-demo/test1234)

Magento Community
Magento Community

gulptwins

Total Posts:  45

Hello,
I\’m also interested in your extension,
is it possible to know which kind of changes these extension requires on the magento-database ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

You can try Store Manager for Magento as well. With this tool you can add simple, configurable, virtual, downloadble, and bundle products simply.

It’s great for bulk updates and all Magento store management. But if you need only to update your grouped products, I think the extension that was post before is better.

But if you want to save much time managing your store it’s better to invest in Store Manager for Magento. Try trial version to understand its value.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gorillagroup

Total Posts:  1
Chicago, IL

In Store by Gorilla offers Grouped Configurable Products in Magento as an extension

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community