Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Packing / Picking Lists

Mootrealm

Total Posts:  150
San Francisco, CA

The new printing features are great, but for me printing a packing slip is just a waste of paper. Especially when most orders are small but still require a whole sheet of paper. But I still need to know what to ship. A way to print a list of things to ship for that day is ideal. It would contain the minimal information needed to match it with an invoice, packing slip if you are using those.

I see you have ‘packing lists’ on the road map.

The holy grail for me is being able to print a picking list and shipping labels. The shipping labels would match the picking list with the order number.

I don’t know if you plan on doing shipping labels or not. I will probably want to end up using Endicia anyway, so I am hoping that someone creates a way to get my data out of magento in Endicia. Ideally in an automated fashion.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

I see that this topic has been raised a number of times in the forums but I can’t see it on the roadmap anywhere.

As we get closer to actually converting our shop to Magento the practical day-to-day operation of it is what concerns me.
Is there any news yet on printing picking lists and packing lists from Magento?  I can’t see the warehouse staff carrying around a whole load of packing notes as they try to pick the stock from the shelves.

I have tried using the existing reports but the shipping report shows orders not based on shipping date but on purchase date and only shows the total number of orders rather than what was purchased.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

It seems that there are not too many people requesting this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anna Varmon

Total Posts:  27

A very much needed feature indeed. Did anyone find a workaround?

Magento Community
Magento Community

moomoo

Total Posts:  192

We have just released an update to our pick list / packing slip module.

Magento pick lists / packing slips

I think this does everything mentioned here, except the sheet of address labels. It does make the packing slips into a design optimised for integrated labels (where you have the address labels at the base of the packing slip). I would be willing to make a new option to generate a pdf of all order addresses if someone requests it direct.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mooooo

Total Posts:  16

Quick update: Our extension (PickPack) now also prints address labels for all selected orders (formatted to your custom layout in the module config), and also works from the sales>shipments page smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ScarletRed

Total Posts:  9
Staines

I have spent hours searching the internet for a solution to this problem and finally used

Print Packingslips (pre shipped)‘.

It prints your packingslips/pick lists with any order status. Works perfectly and is the cheapest module I can find.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/print-packing-slips-pre-shipped.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community