Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Least Relevant Search Results First! 

louise100

Total Posts:  168
UK

I’ve just responded to another post after noticing a problem with search results with 1.3.1 but though this warranted a seperate thread because if this is the issue I think it is then its a pretty big problem from a site conversion perspective.

It seems that when you use the search box the results produced are displayed and listed by relevance but its seems that by default they are ordered with the LEAST RELEVANT results coming first.

Does anyone know how to reverse this order so the most relevant results are shown first??????

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

amoko

Total Posts:  20

See this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/45262/#t160269
Add hidden fields to the mini form.

I have tried customising the Toolbar.php file but the problem with this is it also effects the product listing toolbar. And I, and no doubt most people need the products to sort asc and the search to sort desc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

You can solve this problem using extension Sphinx Search Ultimate http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/sphinx-search-ultimate.html. In addition to this extension of has a many functions, greatly improves the quality and relevance of search results.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community