Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Controller chaos

ShakespeareGeek

Total Posts:  22

I’ve successfully created my own module and setup an IndexController do respond to indexAction simply, with “Hello, world.”

This works fine when I invoke /myfrontname/ by itself, since presumably it takes the default controller name (Index) and the default action (index) and does what I’ve told it.

However, if I then copy that controller and rename it to something like ProductController, and call the action testAction, I cannot invoke it using /myfrontname/product/test and I thought I should be able to?  Have I misunderstood how this works, or done something wrong?  I keep getting 404 errors when I do that.

I’m trying to set up some backend integration, REST-style, and ideally will have a number of controllers behaving in similar fashion.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community