Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Interfacing Magento & MS Dynamics Navision

Blue Ridge

Total Posts:  3

We’re a mid-size retail company looking to expand our ecommerce business, and we’re looking to find a working interface between our back office inventory management system (Microsoft Dynamics Navision) and Magento. Does anyone know of any companies who have waded into these waters? I’ve heard of a German company called M & P Business Solutions, but I’ve not made contact with them yet.

Any suggestions would be most welcome…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

I advise writing your own interface code. The SOAP API is a part of Magento that is easy to use but lacks speed. However, for what you need speed for, you can use MySQL and PHP. Stock totals change all the time and it takes an hour or so for the API to go through a few thousand SKU’s, with MySQL it takes seconds.
The customer information and orders will need to go back to the back office. You can use event triggers to get this done at checkout.

Sounds like I am suggesting that you reinvent the wheel here, but, chances are that you have your own customer fields and inventory options. With a few lines of your own PHP you will be able to get things how you want them and not some generic approach.

The wiki is thin on the ground for working API scripts for the basics, however, the API documentation is sound and once you get past your first script or two things should become remarkably easier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

a4345ergdfg45

Total Posts:  24

Hey, did I hear our company name? smile

It’s a bit late, but we offer an CfMD certified solution for Microsoft Dynamics NAV (3.70 - 2009 R2) that helps online merchants to manage their daily business on eBay, amazon, Magento, Fulfillment by Amazon, PayPal, PayONE, Sofortueberweisung, Wirecard, DHL, UPS, [...].

As a NAV Solution Center, we focus on extending/consulting Microsoft Dynamics NAV, but we are also specialized to develop Magento, having 80+ inhouse developers and netresearch as our main partner. The respective granule includes a deeply integration into Magento CE and EE which allows you to use all ERP/CRM and master data related processes in realtime, without leaving your well known Microsoft Dynamics NAV user interface. We even support the possibility to manage Magentos EAV system right in NAV. The interface works as a real time webservice, which can be invoked manually, event-based and periodically and is used by 40+ customers at the time of writing.

Please feel free to contact me at bastian.selonke@mp-gruppe.de for further information smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Iclicknetwork

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

I think this work for your requirement

Magento Amazon Fulfillment Extension

Hope it can help you

Thank you,
Tuan

Magento Community
Magento Community

i95Dev

Total Posts:  64
3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 700 Bethesda, Maryl

Hi there,

I know we’re too late to revert to this post -

But just in case anybody else is looking for a similar solution - Can try off-the-shelf product from i95Dev “NAVConnect” to automate their transactions and interactions between Magento and Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP.

It is listed for purchase on MagentoConnect: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/i95dev-nav-connect-4696.html

For additional information or to schedule a demo - You can always contact the product team at

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community