Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I stop showing the names of individual templates? 

ShakespeareGeek

Total Posts:  22

Sorry for what must be a trivial question but all of a sudden my Magento installation has gone into some sort of CMS-related debug mode where it is showing me the name of every subtemplate on a page.  Useful to be sure, but I don’t know what happened to turn it on.  there are several developers working on this at once so perhaps one us flipped a debug switch without telling the others?  Does anybody know what I’m talking about? I’d like to document it so the next developer who wants to change it knows what it does and the rest of us know how to turn it off.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

It’s called template path hints. Search for that and you will find plenty of answers:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q;=site:www.magentocommerce.com+template+path+hints&btnG;=Google+Search&aq;=f&oq;=&aqi;=

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

To skip to the main point: You turn it on/off by going to : Admin > system > change scope to website > Advanced > Developer Turn template path hints on/off

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community