Magento Forum

Add attribute after creating configurable product

mdd

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

In my magento shop I created a series of attributes, a attribute set and put them to be used for a configurable product.
Added simple products with al the combinations of the attributes.
After that I made a configurable product and checked te required attributes.
This works. Al the simple products show up on the Associated Products tab.

But the problem is I need to add another attribute. Creation of the attribute is no problem. And by the simple product it shows up. But on my configurable product by the “Super product attributes configuration” the attribute does not show up.

Is it possible in Magento to add another required attribute after you created te configurable product?

Or is it possible to add in via SQL?

I found the catalog_product_super_attribute* tables. When I add my attribute over there it show up by the “Super product attributes configuration” but then the pricing fields disappear.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

you want to have this additional attribute shown up at the creation of simple products within a cinfigurabe product?

Therefore you have to change/overwirte following block:
Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Super_Config_Simple

In my case i added the attribute is_preorder. Within the method _prepareForm() there is following code snippet. Add your attribute to the “additional” list. in my case its “is_preorder”.

$attributesConfig = array(

'autogenerate' => array('name''sku'),

'additional'   => array('name''sku''visibility''status''is_preorder')
        );

Cheers

Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

mp_daniel

Total Posts:  17

I have the sample problem…

@ [m]zentrale: While creating a new configurable product, Magento asks for the attributes which are used to “configure” the product. Based on these attributes, simple products can be created with different values for the attributes.

If you add a new attribute to the attribute set used by the configurable product, the new attribute is not listed in the configurable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

archmad

Total Posts:  32
Philippines

The long and winding road to do but helps if you have a lot of simple products associated to a configurable product:

1. Create attribute
2. Drag it to appropriate attribute set
3. Go to phpmyadmin, table ‘catalog_eav_attribute’ and look at the last one, note the ‘attribute id’, also note the product id -> go to catalog_product_entity and look for the configurable product you want, and note entity_id -> this is the product_id
4. Go to catalog_product_super_attribute and insert new record with product_id and attribute_id, note of the product_super_attribute_id
5. Go to catalog_product_super_attribute_label and insert new record with product_super_attribute_id and the value of your new attribute, like ‘Color’ or ‘Size’ which you used when adding the attribute in the admin
6. Go back to admin and click the configurable product, you will notice none of your child products is associated to your configurable product.
7. Click one of the child products, and select appropriate attribute value, you may also change the sku.
8. Export all child products and add the new attribute and sku values to it, import it back and you are done or you may have to manually change all in the admin without using the dataflow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bappa06

Total Posts:  23

You rock. Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

haydent

Total Posts:  1

you can try duplicating the configrable.

during this you get to re-choose the attributes

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community