Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customers can not login

Bimal Poudel

Total Posts:  17

When I try to login as a customer, I stuck at customer/account/loginPost/ and the page does not display anything.

In my experience:
If we enable shipping modules like usps, wtihout configuring it properly, users can not even create an account.
I found this through the trace information. I disabled these shipping methods (carriers).

But the problem persists with customer login.
What may be the solution (and of course, why is the problem there)?
Thanks in adavance for your responses.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

This could be a number of things - you may have more success posting in Technical Issues or Programming. Personally, I’ve never experienced the shipping module issue you refer to.

1. Are you having issues signing in to the Admin?
2. What is your SSL set-up? Have you changed your configuration lately?
3. Have you checked your disk partitions for space? If you can’t write a session file to disk, your website won’t let you sign in.

Just a few ideas. Troubleshooting this further will need require some more information from you…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bimal Poudel

Total Posts:  17

This thread has helped me: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8788/

I have not altered any files of Magento, but the problem occured.
It should be due to less number of seconds in cookie life time and timezone of the server.

I set cookie lifetime to 84600, and it solved.
Thanks for your response in identifying other possiblem problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community