Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New installation - unable to create Products

bobhed

Total Posts:  5

Hello - I am trying to set up Magento for the first time.  I completed installation without any errors, and was able to create Categories including image uploads.  However, when I try to create products, some error seems to occur.  There is no error message exactly, but:
- when I upload a product image, it does not appear to be successfully uploaded - the image image text and box around it is red rather than green
- when I save the product, I am taken back to the admin home page rather than the product listing page - I’m assuming that is a what happens in case of error
- when I go back to Products, the product listing is empty, nothing was saved
- when I check the MySQL databases directly, there is nothing there

Some details about my install
- PHP 5.2.4 with dom enabled, mcrypt enabled (v2.5.7), PDO enabled for mysql and others
- MySQL 4.2.22
- Apache 1.3.39 running on Linux
- I am not using the sample data

I would have thought I just had screwed up the install, except that Categories seem to work fine.

I saw several posts about mod_rewrite but I’m kinda new to PHP so I don’t know where to check for that.

Any suggestions?  What should I try next?
Thanks,
Bob.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

I am also getting the exact same issue.

I am on:
ver. 0.8.17240
Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix)
Running the magento compiled version of PHP via cgi-bin
mysql 5.0.45

When uploading products and clicking save I am immediately taken back to the admin login panel

thanks for any help or input you may be able to provide.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

OK - I resolved my issue - I had this line (stupid mistake by yours truly) commented out in the .htaccess file

#AddHandler php5-cgi .php

removed the # and now working fine

I guess this is only because I am using the magento compiled version of php via cgi-bin so this may not help if you are using the standard hosts version of php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobhed

Total Posts:  5

Thanks - I’m going to reinstall via SSH using the .tar.gz package, see if that changes anything.
Bob.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community