Total Posts: 5
Hello - I am trying to set up Magento for the first time. I completed installation without any errors, and was able to create Categories including image uploads. However, when I try to create products, some error seems to occur. There is no error message exactly, but:
- when I upload a product image, it does not appear to be successfully uploaded - the image image text and box around it is red rather than green
- when I save the product, I am taken back to the admin home page rather than the product listing page - I’m assuming that is a what happens in case of error
- when I go back to Products, the product listing is empty, nothing was saved
- when I check the MySQL databases directly, there is nothing there
Some details about my install
- PHP 5.2.4 with dom enabled, mcrypt enabled (v2.5.7), PDO enabled for mysql and others
- MySQL 4.2.22
- Apache 1.3.39 running on Linux
- I am not using the sample data
I would have thought I just had screwed up the install, except that Categories seem to work fine.
I saw several posts about mod_rewrite but I’m kinda new to PHP so I don’t know where to check for that.
Any suggestions? What should I try next?