Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to? - Change the order/position of products using Magento CMS (not code). 

ngreenfield

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

Any top tips for this thread would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to order (as in positioning not purchasing) a category called ‘Top 20’ where at the moment the products are displaying by import/ID number/sku.  Apart from ‘sort’ options i.e. by price is there anyway where I can gain total control of the display order of products using the Magento CMS?

I see the trouble is if someone uses a sort-by option how would it revert to my default order?

I can get my web designers to edit this in code but wondered if I can control this myself (and I have only basic HTML/DSS knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ngreenfield

Total Posts:  3

Sorted!  And clearly a school-boy error.

Within Manage Categories > (Select the category in question) there are boxes on the right hand side for the numerical order to be input.

Simple!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PartsDude1

Total Posts:  2

For a drag and drop interface for this sort of chore, maybe take a look at the ontap plugin: http://www.ontapgroup.com/index.php/app/visual-merchandiser/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community