Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1 install, multiple themes on multiple domanis

ins0

Total Posts:  38

Howdy all,

What I’ve got so far:
I’ve got 5 domains: shop.a.com, shop.b.com, etc.
Each of these are pointing to the same Magento installation (so they all contain the same categories, products, quantities, etc).
5 seperate css/images folders ready to be applied.

What I’d like:
For each domain to have it’s own CSS/images, depending on what URL the site is entered from, i.e. shop.a.com would have CSS/images of the A folder, shop.b.com would have the CSS/images of the B folder. The layout and ‘default’ wouldn’t need to change.

Following this: http://www.crucialwebhost.com/blog/how-to-setup-multiple-magento-stores/ - I was able to almost set it up how i’d like, except this was by doing it using multiple ‘websites’ and ‘stores’ (meaning I wasn’t able to use my central product data, I would have had to duplicate it per store). I’m hoping that what I’m after can just be achieved with ‘store views’, but i’m not sure how to link domains to views, rather than linking them to entire ‘websites’ within Magento.

Is there a variation of this code that I could use (for example, changing ‘website’ to ‘view’ or similar), or am I way off?

switch($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']{
case 'shoes.com':
case 
'www.shoes.com':
Mage::run('shoes''website');
break;
default:
Mage::run();
break;
}

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

Hey pepto,

check out this video:http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part1/

Mainly the part about adding the store views, once those are added you can apply a theme to them just like you would the main store. It’s the Manage Stores link in System I believe you need to play with. You can then tell each of the stores to use the same root category that the primary store used, meaning you wont have to duplicate the products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ins0

Total Posts:  38

Ah, the trick was in setting the product ‘websites’ to the new stores as well.

Thanks nublue!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community