Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

stock notification email code and how to get it to handle using back orders allowed

Rajiboy

Total Posts:  20

I want to know were the stock notification code is, as at the moment, if I use Back Orders allowed, the notifier emails customers overnight even though stock is at zero and below.

I have already changed the code to show the notifiy me button if Stock value zero or below, were customers are allowed to place orders onto back order, but some customers prefer to order only when stock is avaliable again

I am guessing the code just check to see if you are allowed to buy , rather than if stock has become above zero.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rajiboy

Anyone know the file that holds the stock notifications ? I need to change the code to look at stock value amount

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rajiboy

Can any one advise me were the code is for defining the collection to stock notification. I want to change the code to email out when stock is physically above zero rather than when a product is available to buy

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community