Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable Product

spiceworld

Total Posts:  7

Hi

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong. I have been setting up and deleting Configurable Products for days now and can’t get it to work.

I have set up my siple products but when i come to make a Configurable Product it asks me for a price which i don’t want to give as they are all different prices.

Am i missing something?

If somebody could have a look for me i would appreciate it. Let me know if you can and i will send you my Admin login details.

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MathieuF

Total Posts:  141
Montreal, Canada

Hi,

You can look for OrganicInternet’s SimpleConfigurableProduct module.

It dows what you want.

You can also set the price difference when you add your simple product in your configurable product.

For instance, your base price is 15$, but you charge 20$ for size large, next to large in your configurable product, you’d type 5.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spiceworld

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I thought Magento could deal with Attributes like i’m trying to do without having to install modules? Does that mean i have got to put up with the prices having +0.50 etc on them?

I changed from Oscommerce to try and get away from that kind of thing. I was waiting for the new Zen Cart to come out but i think they have given up on bring it out this year.

Cheers Richard

Magento Community
Magento Community

MathieuF

Montreal, Canada

That’s what it means, yes.

You can install the module. It’s easy and will get your life a lot easier. I have about 15 modules installed right now, some are there to get my life easier, some are there to add functionnality to my shop.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spiceworld

Ok cheers for that. Have you got a link where i could see the output?

Richard

Magento Community
Magento Community

MathieuF

Montreal, Canada

Sure smile

http://www.calinsetpopotin.com/shop/couches/couches-a-poches/couche-a-poche-happy-heiny-s.html?options=cart

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

You don’t have to have the ‘+0.50 etc ‘ as the prices.
Using the module that MathieuF mentioned is very useful, and means that my products display as “… From $8.00”, and when you go to the product page, as you choose the size option, the price automatically changes to the correct one…

See an example at the site in my sig.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

spiceworld

Hi

Thank you both for that. Thats put my mind at rest. I can’t bear that +0.50 ect rubbish and is why i never used it on Oscommerce.

Cheers again

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community