Magento Forum

Installation successful! Now how do I integrate it with Joomla? 

timburkart

Total Posts:  5

With the step by step tutorial available I don’t understand why so many people have installation problems. The most painful part was the upload of the 30 MB of files. After that, I set the permissions as indicated and it was installed in no time.

Now, how does Magento get integrated into Joomla?

Your advice is most appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

timburkart - 11 March 2008 05:58 AM

With the step by step tutorial available I don’t understand why so many people have installation problems.

From what I’d seen, many people either don’t have the minimum specs to run Magento and/or don’t know how to configure/use those services and/or have very limited knowledge of programming/web server/configuration skills. Then there are the genuine installation problems ^.^;

Magento Community
Magento Community

Auciker

Total Posts:  21

I am very interested in this question.  I run Joomla for most of my sites, and I do a lot of ecommerce sites.  I’ve been using Virtuemart, but frankly, I’m over it.  It’s slow, buggy, and annoying to try to style (EVERYTHING is styled inline, it has a zillion php files all over the place, and it takes forever to hunt down the style you need to fix).  Magento looks like it may be an improvement, but I NEED it to integrate w/Joomla.  Some responses to that question would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Auciker

Total Posts:  21

I found this individual working on integration.  It looks like it may not be far off!  smile

http://www.joomla.com.br/blog/2008/04/03/magentojoomla-status-update-ii/#comment-1760

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Administrator

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Check out the Magento-Joomla integration group on this community -

http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/141

Magento Community
Magento Community