Magento Forum

Category Sort(not prod sort from Moshe)

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

I see in another post from Moshe how to order the products within a category, that was great to learn, but with this newsest version, the order in which categories appear as navigation on the front end does not seem the same as before. Before wherever categories and sub categories were on the Category tree is how they displayed on the front end. Now that no longer seems to be the case, and in fact when I click and drag a category to a new postion on the tree, later it has returned back to its original postion.

How can I make the Categories and each category’s sub categories display in the order I want? The tree seems to have a mind of its own, and it no longer relates to the front end order. I am puzzled. Please help.
Thanks.
Andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

Hi Andy,

I notice you didn’t get an answer so I’ll ask as well.  With PEAR upgrade to the latest version 0.8.17240 category links were all re-ordered.  Is there an easyway to get the correct/original order back without having to completely rebuild the catagory tables?  With 4 stores this could be a bit of a task.

Appreciate,

Del

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Hi, this bug was found and fixed in trunk, thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Moshe,

I guess that means there is no easy way to reorder the catagorys short of rebuilding them from scratch?  Correct?

Thanks,

Del

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Moshe,

Will SVN Trunk files fix the current ordering problem?  Are they available or can you make them available for download?  If I rebuild the catagorys from top to bottom will they destruct again without the updated files being installed??

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Moshe - 11 March 2008 01:42 PM

Hi, this bug was found and fixed in trunk, thanks

Yes I was wondering about this too, glad to see you are aware of it. But what does “fixed in trunk” mean? I don’t do Pear, not even sure what it is LOL, just what I’d call the ‘regular install” /index.php and select Beta and it downloads via the black screen with green print on it.  Is there a way to fix this, or should we just wait for the next release? Either way I am happy, and glad that you are aware of it. Thanks for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

phphitz

Total Posts:  8
India

Moshe - 11 March 2008 01:42 PM

Hi Moshe ,

I was searching for group product import from magneto ,
from some where i have heard that it is possible from magento itself ,

I am aware of mass product import , But groping of product not maintained still

but when I import products , there are no way or option to group the products ,