Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Set only some items as shippable but all items as deliverable

llaurra

Total Posts:  3

Hello, I’ve searched the forums and online but am not able to find a solution to my situation. I use Magento for my bakery. All items from the bakery are hand-deliverable within my city, but only SOME of the items can be shipped throughout the US.

I’d like to set up my checkout so that if a customer selects only shippable items, then they see the USPS shipping options. But if they select any items that are only available in my city, then the USPS shipping doesn’t show up.

Does anyone know of an extension or a solution for this?

Thank you for your help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

llaurra

Total Posts:  3

Yes, I think that’s exactly what I need! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chriscom

Total Posts:  2

Hi i think you may be looking for Owebia Shipping i have used this to setup shipping rules so that if my web user is in my postcode area they can get free shipping on all products if outside the postcode area standard shipping is shown and if they have an item in the cart that cannot be shipped it will display this item cannot be shipped please remove the item before continuing.... hope this helps

this add-on is very versatile and can be configured to do most thing needed then it comes to shipping.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community