Magento Forum

Payment processing for order placed in Admin

ayushakti

Total Posts:  2

Hello All,

I am wondering whether it is possible to process credit card payments for the orders placed in the admin area. The only option i can find is that the card details will be stored and the payment has to be manually processed.

We have few resellers who currently use the front end to place orders for there customers which is very time consuming, I would like them to use our restricted admin area to place order on behalf of there customers but at this moment I cannot find a plugin which helps process the card the payment same way as the front end. I dont want to store details and process the payments myself, as it will only add to my workload.

Does anyone know a way around it, we use saferpaynew for processing card payment at the front end, i would like to use the same for the admin. I would like to be redirected to the saferpay website when the credit card option is chosen as payment method and there the customer can fill in the card details and create the payment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magedev

Total Posts:  117

What you’re looking for is called CNP (Card not Present) transaction. Usually payment providers offer MOTO (Mail and Telephone Order) payments - check with your provider if they offer such solution. If not have a look at other providers (for example SagePay, WorldPay, PayPal etc.).

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayushakti

Total Posts:  2

Thanks magadev for your reply. We do have the option to process mail order transactions, but that means the card details would have to be saved in the admin and that i have to manually process the payments, which is what i am trying to avoid, as most of the time it is not problem to process payment like that but sometimes the payment is rejected due to extra security on the card or not enough funds and I hate the part to run behind the customer and ask him to sort this. I would rather prefer when the order is placed and the customer sees there is problem they sort that out themselves.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community