Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade problems

emagine

Total Posts:  36

I went from the last version to Magento ver. 0.8.17240 through a manual file upload. I can login to my admin and looked at the pear upgrade to verify that it was all complete. Once I run the upgrade it says all complete, nothing to update. I work everything in the admin, but I am gettig nothign when I look at the front end of the site.

The error message is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function addLink() on a non-object in ./app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Links.php on line 42

I have killed the var/cache and session folders, and reset my .htaccess file but nothing happens.

Is there something I am missing?

this is a php-cgi bin setup as well.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Total Posts:  36

Bump…

I am guessing this is either something really simple that I should kow, or something really difficult that is obscure.

I uploaded a new version of the software, overwriting the last version, and it didn’t work.
I reloaded my backup and it didn’t work.
I am in the process of deleting my entire installation, so I can upload a clean version, hoping this will work to get me back to both my information and theme I was trying to set up.

The install of this software should not be this hard. I know it is beta, but if it is to release in March imo, there is ALOT of work to do on the install and update process. It has been lately I hate updating because it’ll all go to pot. Anyhow my 2cp, hope someone knows how to help and in the meanitme I will muddle through.

Very frustrating.

Magento Community
Magento Community

randomutterings

Total Posts:  19

I’m having the same problem.  Can anyone help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

c2h5oh

Total Posts:  3

I’ve got the exact same problem with 1.0 stable, fresh install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

First of all, you upgrades were never supported pre 1.0.

Secondly, are you sure you have uploaded the file it’s looking for?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community