Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Best Magento Host? 

AdamOdds

Total Posts:  1

I have heard that SimpleHelix are not recommended.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cnymike

Total Posts:  27

I’ve read about Aspiration hosting in this thread several times, so I produced a screencast to demonstrate how their demo store performs… It’s not pretty. Your mileage may vary. I’m on a very fast cable modem connection by the way.

Screencast

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

cnymike - 31 December 2009 06:11 AM

I’ve read about Aspiration hosting in this thread several times, so I produced a screencast to demonstrate how their demo store performs… It’s not pretty. Your mileage may vary. I’m on a very fast cable modem connection by the way.

Screencast

Hello,

From what I see you seem to be viewing the demo store which is hosted together with our main website on a low specification server.

The following links are the demo stores hosted on one of our shared servers:-
http://21.aspirationhosting.com/magento
http://21.aspirationhosting.com/magento2
http://21.aspirationhosting.com/magento3

Please do let me know how do they perform on your end.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

z0e0u0s

Total Posts:  7

We have pretty sick setup at Rackspace on their CloudServers

Magento Community
Magento Community

SCY

Total Posts:  47

jeissler - 12 August 2009 08:44 PM

I am happy to say I think I found my Mage solution in Aspiration Hosting..

Me too, and till now. Very good support, which is my first consideration.

I wonder why people can’t affiliate since you are honest? People here in this forum should put your true experience under the light, which will also help to make those hosting companies keep improving their service. For me I will immediately post here and keep you informed should there be any problems. Moved from host to host, I think a list of good host is really valuable.

So, come on and share yours with us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eStore4you

Total Posts:  4
UK

Hi. I just moved to www.webhost.uk.net, I can tell you that they have superb customer service and very fast servers. Before I had hosting with Simple Servers (Magento Pro hosting package) and it wasn’t bad. Reason for moving was non-existent customer service.
Webhost.uk.net did site transfer for free, emails answered and problems solved within 30 min (last email answered 23.40!!!) + they have live chat. And the speed is fantastic, check it your self www.estoreforyou.co.uk. (I have Linux reseller gold package)

Magento Community
Magento Community

bluesnake

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
I am looking for an affordable plaform for development (magento) in UK preferably or US.

So far I reviewed webhosting.uk.net but the online support let me down - delays and the guy got stuck when asked for a cPanel demo!

Aspiration - I really had high hopes and was just on the Paypal page to confirm payment - however the online support was rude and ignored my questions plus long delays. The questions were quite simple!…

Webhosting.uk.net is relatively cheap but....any buts??

From the above thread I will avoid S helix.

Any recommendations for Hostgator, hostmonster, www.modwest.com, eLief

Want - good tech support and unlimited domains, php5, fast.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

bluesnake - 27 January 2010 07:56 AM

Aspiration - I really had high hopes and was just on the Paypal page to confirm payment - however the online support was rude and ignored my questions plus long delays. The questions were quite simple!…

Hello,

Can you PM me your name or email used when you contact our live chat in order for me to track down this conversation?

Our live chat support is normally meant for Technical Support for our clients only and we did specifically state “No Sales/Billing” questions as our technicians are not trained for them at all. They are only authorized to deal with direct clients on support issues.

Thank you.

Regards,
James

Magento Community
Magento Community

bluesnake

UPDATE: I have contacted webhosting.uk.net and the support officer was really helpful this time.
Like everywhere else, first impressions of the company are based on the person servicing you. It is a matter of luck too!

As for Aspiration, I have asked the helpdesk to simply supply me with URL of demo sites.  Should officers hold a degree in order to do so? Should I open a sales ticket in order to get a URL to the demo site? Or can I confirm the availability of the sales department?

Answers should follow this pattern I believe:
1) Our demo is site is accessible via…
2) N/A
3) The sales department will be available tomorrow from x am GMT to xpm GMT.

Thanks James for your concern however we have already trashed the questions over a support ticket smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

bluesnake

UPDATE: I have contacted webhosting.uk.net and the support officer was really helpful this time.
Like everywhere else, first impressions of the company are based on the person servicing you. It is a matter of luck too!

As for Aspiration, I have asked the helpdesk to simply supply me with URL of demo sites.  Should officers hold a degree in order to do so? Should I open a sales ticket in order to get a URL to the demo site? Or can I confirm the availability of the sales department?
Later I was just ignored and when I initiated another session (benefit of doubt) the support team didn’t answer and the Website Online Status turned offline.

Answers should follow this pattern I believe:
1) Our demo is site is accessible via…
2) N/A
3) The sales department will be available tomorrow from x am GMT to xpm GMT.

Thanks James for your concern however we have already trashed the questions over a support ticket smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

@bluesnake: I believe I did replied to your sales ticket.

Our demo stores are already listed clearly in our website under the ”Magento” page so you should be able to find it easily from the front page.

I have just checked through the live chat logs and I believe our staff did request you to raise a ticket with our Sales department, providing you with the link to it and state that the Sales Manager will get back to you about it.

Our technicians and system administrators are only tasks to answer questions from current clients and as such they do not have any information about our demo stores, etc. They are not authorized to answer questions from non-clients and as such your second chat was not connected due to this.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

bluesnake - 27 January 2010 11:00 PM

Thank..you. You will surely find our sales and support staff available 24/7/365 days to help you and all customers.

Our Normal support response for tickets is 10 minutes smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RepoUK

Total Posts:  24

eStore4you - 21 January 2010 08:44 AM

Hi. I just moved to www.webhost.uk.net, I can tell you that they have superb customer service and very fast servers. Before I had hosting with Simple Servers (Magento Pro hosting package) and it wasn’t bad. Reason for moving was non-existent customer service.
Webhost.uk.net did site transfer for free, emails answered and problems solved within 30 min (last email answered 23.40!!!) + they have live chat. And the speed is fantastic, check it your self www.estoreforyou.co.uk. (I have Linux reseller gold package)

That’s a nice speed for a shared hosting package - certainly faster than Downtown hosting (great CS though!).

I assume that all of their shared hosting packages operate at that speed and not just reseller hosting?  I might try them out so thanks for the tip.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mac75a

Total Posts:  13

Hello,

this is my first post in the forum.

I just wanted to say that my three favourite Magento shared hosting providers are: Aspiration Hosting, Nexcess and Properhost.net.

Nexcess SIP plans are fantastic… specially SIP-200 and above (SIP 100 has no LiteSpeed web server). Their performance is great, but they are more expensive than my other two favourites.

Properhost.net demo store is really fast… very, very, fast. And their prices are very good: around 20$ the basic plan and around 30$ the “pro” plan. They are not very well known, and I don’t know about their support, but they “look nice” smile

Aspiration Hosting performance is also very good, maybe a little bit worse than Nexcess and Poperhost, but also really good. They have lots of plans, so you can choose the one that best fits your budget.

Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aalinn

Total Posts:  50

We have a reseller account through HostGator (WHM, cPanel, etc.), which we’ve been very satisfied with. We are now in the process of setting up another niche site for a client and want to host this site with a unique C-level IP address. HostGator suggested using SEOHosting.com, which is one of their own companies, to obtain a unique C-level IP. However, we would like to avoid having to pay the $35 per month.

I had almost signed up with BlueHost but thought I’d quickly check the Magento Forum before committing and now might go with AspirationHosting. They seem to have gotten some great reviews and might be comparable to HostGator. HostGator’s support is incredible and they’re available via chat on weekends as well. Is AH available on weekends to set up new accounts? I noticed their chat is currently offline on this soggy Saturday afternoon in Georgia.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community