Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 6
Best Magento Host? 

Kammalou

Total Posts:  285
Denmark

Just want to mention a test that has been setup for some time ago.
Cant remember why SimpleHelix did not participate.

Anyway here is the link to the test of Best & Fastest Magento Hosting Providers Worldwide.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam Moss

Total Posts:  248
Birmingham, UK

For UK users, we went with NuBlue who have been pretty good. Relatively low prices VPS servers with Plesk and one click Magento install. It also has very good support. A couple of recent cock-ups have concerned me recently, but overall they’ve been very good.

They’re also pretty fast - our Magento sites are very fast to load.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Basil Abbas

Total Posts:  5
Bangalore, India

Hi,

I know this is going to be something new. But try out ZNET India Hosting. Ive been with them for over a year now and they are very reliable and cheap as well. The tickets are answered in a matter of 2 hours which is very helpful. The payments and new a/c creations are very swift. Try it and let me know what you think.

Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RepoUK

Total Posts:  24

I’m currently with Downtown Host - shared hosting.

The customer service over the past year has been great - the best I’ve encountered in quite a few years. 

However, I don’t think they are really geared up for Magento as it runs way too slow and I’m constantly getting 500 Internal Server Errors even though they’ve said they’ve changed the time out setting for me

Also, just lately the uptime seems to be a LONG way below the 100% claimed in their service pages.  e.g. I’ve been trying to access a database through phpMyAdmin for the last 20 minutes and I’ve still to connect.  Or worse - you try to access a page (even cPanel) and you eventually just end up with a blank page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moonlmysteries

Total Posts:  19

I found it to be a real challenge finding a reasonably priced host that handled the database components of Magento.  Hostgator has been the best so far in price and support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

3alam

Total Posts:  4

a2hosting.com offers magento web hosting and also specializes in delivering e-commerce web hosting at very cheap price. No doubt, their price is cheaper than the other companies offer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

IMHO, I would highly recommend anyone to http://www.xtrahost.co.uk/magento/, you can see from my site below its not that slow, they are UK based and so are we, so I can only speak from a UK user poingt of view.

I found them really helpful and nice people to deal with, they moved the whole site from the old host for us, changed permissions so everything worked and tweeked the server to make it as fast as they could.

They also are on call 24/7 and you dont get many (if any) UK host firms that offer that.

They are not the cheapest in the UK but when it comes to service and speed it worth paying the extra, using a cheap hosting package to run a magento site will be suicide for you business.

Hope that helps someone looking for a UK host!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Liam Mc

Total Posts:  6

jellybabys - 06 December 2009 05:29 AM

IMHO, I would highly recommend anyone to http://www.xtrahost.co.uk/magento/, you can see from my site below its not that slow, they are UK based and so are we, so I can only speak from a UK user poingt of view.

I found them really helpful and nice people to deal with, they moved the whole site from the old host for us, changed permissions so everything worked and tweeked the server to make it as fast as they could.

They also are on call 24/7 and you dont get many (if any) UK host firms that offer that.

They are not the cheapest in the UK but when it comes to service and speed it worth paying the extra, using a cheap hosting package to run a magento site will be suicide for you business.

Hope that helps someone looking for a UK host!

Would you mind me asking which package your site is on?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Not a problem, with the traffic I get which is about 1800+ unique visitors per day, they recommended I use the one below, this is purely for magento, so no extra like cpanel, but you do have access via FTP for file changes and access to stats and the database, but anything that slows down the server is taken out.

Memory: 1GB
Disk Space: 15GB
Data Transfer: 1000GB/month
Fee: £65 pm +VAT

Host Server Specifications

* HP Proliant server
* 2 x 2.5Ghz Xeon E5420 Quad Core Processors (8 x 2.5Ghz cores in total)
* 32 GB DDR2 PC2-5300 ECC Fully Buffered memory
* RAID-10 disk array
* Xen 3.2
* London City Interxion Datacentre

They also on request do the magento version upgrades and fix any issues, if they can once upgraded, again not many hosts offer that kind of service!

Hope that helps

Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

Liam Mc

Total Posts:  6

jellybabys - 06 December 2009 10:20 AM

Not a problem, with the traffic I get which is about 1800+ unique visitors per day, they recommended I use the one below, this is purely for magento, so no extra like cpanel, but you do have access via FTP for file changes and access to stats and the database, but anything that slows down the server is taken out.

Memory: 1GB
Disk Space: 15GB
Data Transfer: 1000GB/month
Fee: £65 pm +VAT

Host Server Specifications

* HP Proliant server
* 2 x 2.5Ghz Xeon E5420 Quad Core Processors (8 x 2.5Ghz cores in total)
* 32 GB DDR2 PC2-5300 ECC Fully Buffered memory
* RAID-10 disk array
* Xen 3.2
* London City Interxion Datacentre

They also on request do the magento version upgrades and fix any issues, if they can once upgraded, again not many hosts offer that kind of service!

Hope that helps

Dave

Thanks a lot, helps to assess what size of site/performance to expect.  I like your site design too, very minimal for a magento store.

Liam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Template fans
Guru

Total Posts:  446

I recommend “webhostingpad”

Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

Total Posts:  94

Spherewebhosting provides the best support and great speed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cyclops19

Total Posts:  134

I am with nexcess after trying 5 others , All the others claimed they had the fastest site download speed available. All where extremely slow and that was in bringing up the magento default demo page that has hardly any images , Around 15 seconds was the best I came across. The worst claimed they were the fastest available yet never opened and I"m on a mac dual 3.0 ghtz @ 16 gig memory. One never finished my magento install. So far i"m very happy with nexcess . I crashed my server 5 times in two weeks. Loading a template into the app folder (wrong app folder) and they reinstalled my magento each time then helped me find correct configuration for files . Instead of discontinuing my service they laughed about it . Using es0-100 server about $105 per month includes magento install- (installs) loads quickly . Uses Interworx controll panel ,decent panel ,not as good as c panel or plex but ok.. I"ve used 7 different hosting company"s in the past 8 years. Nexcess so far has been best ,,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

Euklid - 24 November 2009 08:04 PM

Just want to mention a test that has been setup for some time ago.
Cant remember why SimpleHelix did not participate.

Anyway here is the link to the test of Best & Fastest Magento Hosting Providers Worldwide.

A lot of hosts choose not to participate zipper Seems like a wasted marketing potential for Magento hosts, here’s the metrics for the past 2 weeks.

web shopping - 27 May 2009 10:19 AM

Why does *every* hosting question have to turn into a bloody host SPAM-fest here? I wouldn’t host with any of you - it’s pathetic.

It kind of goes without saying? Someone is looking for a host, a host replies? Plus, a few shameless plug’s here and there usually makes up for the big community efforts a lot of hosts make!

Image Attachments
views.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

cyclops - 12 December 2009 03:11 PM

I am with nexcess after trying 5 others , All the others claimed they had the fastest site download speed available. All where extremely slow and that was in bringing up the magento default demo page that has hardly any images , Around 15 seconds was the best I came across. The worst claimed they were the fastest available yet never opened and I"m on a mac dual 3.0 ghtz @ 16 gig memory. One never finished my magento install. So far i"m very happy with nexcess . I crashed my server 5 times in two weeks. Loading a template into the app folder (wrong app folder) and they reinstalled my magento each time then helped me find correct configuration for files . Instead of discontinuing my service they laughed about it . Using es0-100 server about $105 per month includes magento install- (installs) loads quickly . Uses Interworx controll panel ,decent panel ,not as good as c panel or plex but ok.. I"ve used 7 different hosting company"s in the past 8 years. Nexcess so far has been best ,,

I was impressed with Nexcess’ servers, and have recommended a few clients to them. However since last week I have had a very bad feeling about this company, and is wondering if they have oversold their servers like Simple Helix and other does due to popularity. I was working on two sites both hosted with Nexcess, the admin has been very slow, and it took almost 2 minutes for layered nav indice refresh. NO warning, no status bar to show me if the server get hanged up, I actually tried 3 times to finally figure out it was still loading. The rest of the page load take some 10 to 15 seconds which used to be 2 to 4 seconds.

Anybody has similar experience? Or is it because of the holiday season that many Nexcess’ servers were flooded with visitors?  Ironically, Simple Helix and Crucial’s servers have performed exceptionally well these past two weeks.

I find that, my non-Magento optimized server, hostgator, has the most consistent performance throughout the year.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 6