Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 6
Best Magento Host? 

lancebvs

Total Posts:  95

I have considered Nexcess, Aspiration, and Elief hosting. Elief have the most features and is the cheapest. Has anyone had good results with them? What about some of the other hosts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gman2005

Total Posts:  40

SimpleHelix.  I have two servers with them and they always answer their support tickets the same-day. I’ve had no problems with them. Only thing is that I had to make a support ticket for them to move me to dedicated ip and install the ssl certificate i purchased. And they’re inexpensive.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I’ve just moved from Simplehelix to Crucial Web Hosting.
I was content with SH for a few months, but then they started doing stupid things, like charging $25 to restore a backup, not responding to an ongoing support ticket for a week…
Speed was good, but support is not up there…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ModifyMage

Total Posts:  84

My experience with SimpleHelix was an absolutely disasterous month. I’m with Aspiration now. They’re great. I highly recommend them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

lancebvs: You might also check out this list of Magento compatible hosts:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/magento-web-hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrowan

Total Posts:  46
Dallas, TX

lancebvs - 24 May 2009 07:18 AM

I have considered Nexcess, Aspiration, and Elief hosting. Elief have the most features and is the cheapest. Has anyone had good results with them? What about some of the other hosts?

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the interest, feel free to get in contact with us if you’d like more information or would like to try out our demo account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Hello Lance,

Welcome aboard to Aspiration Hosting. May we have a long and successful relationship. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

web shopping - 27 May 2009 10:19 AM

Why does *every* hosting question have to turn into a bloody host SPAM-fest here? I wouldn’t host with any of you - it’s pathetic.

I am not sure what do you mean? We did not post in this thread until the user have went and sign up with our services. I am not sure about other posters though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roblesrt

Total Posts:  19

I am evaluating Magento and selecting the best USA based web hosting using the following criteria: support, speed & price.

SimpleHelix servers are fast..using their demo store but It seems Crucial Web Hosting offers better support.

They are open to share their list of magento stores: http://www.crucialwebhost.com/blog/tags/magento-showcase/

And Crucial (magento community member) - always tries to help with the magento installation and problems.

I would like to recommend to my client, crucial web hosting.

I’m up to my 3rd day evaluating magento as of this post.

Note: I’m in now way connected with crucial web hosting.

FYI magento hosting providers am evaluating:
simplehelix.com Huntsville, Alabama USA
siteground.com USA
crucialwebhost.com USA AZ Magento Gold Partner
godaddy.com

If there are other magento hosting providers who believe they can beat crucial web hosting for these criteria, please post on this thread.

My top priority is SUPPORT since magento still needs to fix many issues but I do believe in its potential.

Magento Community
Magento Community

trexr

Total Posts:  3

roblesrt - 27 May 2009 09:48 PM

I am evaluating Magento and selecting the best USA based web hosting using the following criteria: support, speed & price.

SimpleHelix servers are fast..using their demo store but It seems Crucial Web Hosting offers better support.

They are open to share their list of magento stores: http://www.crucialwebhost.com/blog/tags/magento-showcase/

And Crucial (magento community member) - always tries to help with the magento installation and problems.

I would like to recommend to my client, crucial web hosting.

I’m up to my 3rd day evaluating magento as of this post.

Note: I’m in now way connected with crucial web hosting.

FYI magento hosting providers am evaluating:
simplehelix.com Huntsville, Alabama USA
siteground.com USA
crucialwebhost.com USA AZ Magento Gold Partner
godaddy.com

If there are other magento hosting providers who believe they can beat crucial web hosting for these criteria, please post on this thread.

My top priority is SUPPORT since magento still needs to fix many issues but I do believe in its potential.

@roblestr - which plan are you using with crucial? The examples don’t state whether those stores are in shared environments.

thx

Magento Community
Magento Community

roblesrt

Total Posts:  19

I ask them for some list of magento sites that they host on their shared hosting and I was given some list (of magento sites).

You can try ask them through a support ticket for what sites they host on their shared servers. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeissler

Total Posts:  23

Just to state the facts… I am not affiliated with any hosting company and was recently in the same boat of testing, researching and testing some more. I am happy to say I think I found my Mage solution in Aspiration Hosting.

I have only been with them a short time, but wanted to post my initial impression and experiences. First off I needed an affordable shared reseller package with WHM which was hard to find from an optimized Mage host. AH has flexible packages which was a big deal for me. Speed was also a concern. I had my dev environment set up on HostMonster/BlueHost which was sufficient, but not nearly fast enough for a production environment.

On the question of speed I was surprised when switching the production site over to AH my initial (browser) page load times on 768mbps connection went from (8-10 sec. on HostMonster/Bluehost) to (2-3 sec. on Aspiration). HM was also sluggish at best on cart navigation and add to cart functions. AH is practically instant.

I had many many questions for AH before and after signing. Everything checked out so I signed and they gladly helped me with everything from setting up accts and packages in WHM to Mage Q’s on db’s and optimization. I am somewhat new to Magento so I don’t have it all down yet, but with a little help my client’s site is now up. The folks at AH where quicker and more concise with live chat and a ticket system than I thought possible. Forget same day response; how about same hour! I was impressed to say the least. I also considered both Crucial and SH. In my case I ultimately went with AH because of the good reseller (WHM+cPanel) packages, but would recommend them to anyone who needs to host Mage.

Thats my 4 cents. Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

galaxyking

Total Posts:  16

If you are looking for the best host provider.. than being with Aspiration Hosting will be the best decision you can make.

Why are they best for me?

- Excellent support (they are an example of how support should be - if you want to improve your company’s support department - follow there methods of responding and how they handle tickets)

- Excellent guidance in decision making regarding applications.

- Excellent Back-up. You will value this when something bad happened by accident or by intension.

- Excellent application/website hosting. Fast!

With time i have developed trust in them and believe that they put honest effort in providing best hosting for business.

Magento Community
Magento Community

allianceetrading

Total Posts:  13

After hearing about all the problems that other people have with Simple Helix, I’m going with Aspiration Hosting.  I’ve heard nothing but good things from other users.

I received very quick answers from Aspiration Hosting.

Hope that helps & Goodluck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

I host with Simple Helix and have had some issues with their shared server and upgraded to a VPS.

While I did have issues on their shared servers, I didn’t ever at any point feel like I was with a bad host.  They stood behind their services and responded to all my questions not just same day, but within about 2 hours.  I have been hosting with them for about a year and they have kept up that response time for the entire year so I’m sure I’m going to stick with them.  They also now have online chat which is setup so it looks like it is just chat with sales agents, but most the time (maybe even all the time for all I know) it is a technical support person who can answer your questions. 

I wouldn’t waste any time with Host Monster or BlueHost type hosting companies if you are trying to host a Magento site.  I’m sure the other companies listed above are fine as well, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents on what I think of Simple Helix.  If you have any questions for me about my hosting services with them then PM me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

My client’s site has been on SH for a few months, but after getting a couple days of 200,000 page views it was crushing SHs shared server, so they recommeded moving us to a semi-dedicated server. We approved the move, but I assumed the account would be setup and I would handle migrating the site when I was ready, but no, one Wednesday morning they migrated the site for us without notice, which took the site completely offline for 6 hours during the business day. My client was without email and missed out on sales that day. Oops. Oh, SH also wiped out a development version of the site I had and didn’t migrate it. I’m just now getting around to re-creating the dev version, then find out the SVN client on the SD server is an older version than the one I had on the shared server, so my SVN repo is completely useless. Now I’m just stuck. Oh, and SH has just apologized for the inconveniences and hasn’t offered any sort of compensation for the down time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 6