Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Set the email address to send low stock/new order emails to

benz001

Total Posts:  238
Sydney

I must be blind, but I can’t see where in the admin to set the email address for events like low stock notification.

Eg I have 3 admins, and only one of them is tasked with managing stock, another with shipping orders, how can I send the right emails to the right person? It must be simple but I just can’t see it anywhere!

Thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

New order mails: System -> Configuration -> Sales Emails -> Order -> Send Order Email Copy To.

Low stock notifications are not sent as emails but as an RSS feed: Catalog -> Manage Products -> Notify Low Stock RSS.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benz001

Total Posts:  238
Sydney

Thanks Anders!

do you know of any existing mods to create it as an email? Many of our clients (ok, generally the older ones...) don’t like RSS - they miss things in the stream - and emails wait in their inbox until they process them so they much prefer that approach.

I suppose it would be pretty easy to attach an observer to the final stage of the checkout that checks against the stock level and then triggers an email, rather than waiting for a cronjob to update the RSS.

I’m also a bit surprised that its just a coma separated list for the sales emails, from working with other carts (and systems) I was expecting it to use the user groups and accounts so that you could nominate an ‘orders’ group to delegate them to....maybe in 1.4…

Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

Yeah, I guess with some programming you could make a module that checks the stock-levels and sends out emails. I wouldn’t trigger it from the checkout process though. That would put a big delay on the customers’ page-loads.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community