Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract

monalisa_smile

Total Posts:  5

When I try to access my extension I get this error don’t know what’s the problem although it was working fine before and I cleared the cache and the session and also cleared the browser cache and I don’t know what’s the problem and I also restarted the apache

dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract
Trace
:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Collection\Abstract.php(68): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->setConnection(false)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(968): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(WebWorxCorp_Imagerotator_Model_Mysql4_Imagerotator))
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(1019): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('imagerotator_my...', Object(WebWorxCorp_Imagerotator_Model_Mysql4_Imagerotator))
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(345): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance('imagerotator/im...', Object(WebWorxCorp_Imagerotator_Model_Mysql4_Imagerotator))
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Abstract.php(205): Mage::getResourceModel('imagerotator/im...', Object(WebWorxCorp_Imagerotator_Model_Mysql4_Imagerotator))
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Abstract.php(210): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\local\WebWorxCorp\Imagerotator\Block\Adminhtml\Imagerotator\Grid.php(28): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Widget\Grid.php(465): WebWorxCorp_Imagerotator_Block_Adminhtml_Imagerotator_Grid->_prepareCollection()
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Widget\Grid.php(471): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(642): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('grid', true)
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Widget\Grid\Container.php(72): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('grid')
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\design\adminhtml\default\default\template\widget\grid\container.phtml(36): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid_Container->getGridHtml()
#14 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(144): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml\defau...')
#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Text\List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#20 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#21 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#22 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\design\adminhtml\default\default\template\page.phtml(73): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#23 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(144): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#24 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml\defau...')
#25 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#26 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#27 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Layout.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#28 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(339): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#29 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\local\WebWorxCorp\Imagerotator\controllers\ImagerotatorController.php(24): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#30 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(367): WebWorxCorp_Imagerotator_ImagerotatorController->indexAction()
#31 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Router\Standard.php(247): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#32 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#33 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#34 C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\index.php(52): Mage::run()
#35 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bluespuke

Total Posts:  16

Hi, i have the same problem.

Did you find a solution for this?

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tramelton

Total Posts:  3

I also got the same error. Has anyone found a solution to the problem.

http://www.tepidea.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Damn, anyone has the solution to this ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spindi

Total Posts:  7

It’s a permissions thing. Don’t know where though.

I did a…

chmod -R 777 *

...and it worked! Just as well, since the next step would have been to start again. Now I have a working but not so secure install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

deboorn

Total Posts:  1

Try changing your file permissions on just the /var folder to 777. You may also need a 777 on the /var/sessions, /var/cache folders

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

check that <yourmodule_write> and <yourmodule_read> sections are defined under <resources>.

<resources>
       <
dummy_setup>
         <
setup>
           <
module>IVVYRU_Dummy</module>
         </
setup
         <
connection>
           <use>
core_setup</use>
         </
connection>
       </
dummy_setup>
       <
dummy_write>
                <
connection>
                    <use>
core_write</use>
                </
connection>
       </
dummy_write>
       <
dummy_read>
                <
connection>
                    <use>
core_read</use>
                </
connection>
       </
dummy_read>
     </
resources>

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageKing

Total Posts:  54
Ahmedabad

Clearing files/directories under MAGENTO_ROOT/var/cache/ directory resolved the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voskan

Total Posts:  1

MageKing you are the real King!

Problem is solved clearing the cache!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community