Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search not working after import

baca85

Total Posts:  7

Hey,

I just uploaded around 2000 products to a magento store through dataflow. And it was pointed out that the Search function was not showing up the new products. If i go into each product individually and hit save it works not sure whats wrong. I tried searching here already haven’t seen anyone else with similar problem. Has anyone experienced this?

Using magento 1.3.0

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

baca85

Total Posts:  7

I figured it out nothing todo with dataflow. I forgot to rebuild the search index in cache management. Just in case anyone has problem in future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MeuTeuBeu

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem but refreshing/rebuilding cache doesn’t solve this issue…
Any other solution ?

Using Magento 1.3.1.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

MeuTeuBeu

Total Posts:  2

My problem is coming from the table ‘catalog_product_website’ which is not updated, with dataflow import or SOAP products creation.
I didn’t find a “correct” manner to fix it, so I’m dynamically inserting rows into the table.

I will be happy if someone can teach me the right way to proceed !

Magento Community
Magento Community

KML

Total Posts:  25

I am having the same problem on Magento 1.3.2.4. I used DataFlow to import products and now they do not show in search. Rebuilding search index does nothing. I have to go and manually re-save each product to make it show in search.

Can any one suggest smarter way to fix it??
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Acpceo

Total Posts:  10
Dallas, TX-USA

I am using Import feature of Store Manager for Magento and I have the same issue. You can resolve this issue by running the Rebuilds in Magento>>Admin>>Cache page. You will need to run refresh Layered Navigation Indices first and then run the Search Index rebuild next (in that order). I import products daily for one of my customers with a automatic script because the prices, quantity on hand and some description items can change daily. I am in the process of writing a PHP script that will conduct the search rebuilds automatically. I will post this script when I complete it and you can set it up as a cron job based on your needs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jaycollett

Total Posts:  28

Just setup a cron job to run the following without quotes “/usr/local/bin/php /PATH/TO/MAGENTO/shell/indexer.php reindexall”.

Please note you need to update the path to magento to meet your needs…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thomas Diegelmann

Total Posts:  1

What subdirectory “shell” do you mean? (/PATH/TO/MAGENTO/shell/indexer.php reindexall)

I can´t find it in the magento root directory.

Regards
Thomas

Magento Community
Magento Community

CQ Website Design

Total Posts:  195

still having this problem 1.4.1.1 and the solution about doesnt work as the system has changes from cache screen to index screen but doesnt work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Beena K M

Total Posts:  50
Cochin, Kerala, India

You have refresh all index by using System->Index Management, after product, then only the database table will update with newly import ed data and catalog search will work on front end

Magento Community
Magento Community

CQ Website Design

Total Posts:  195

I have tried to re-index in the order mentioned in this thread and also tried the cron job, however none of these methods are working. I imported all the products using the Data Flow feature. The only way that work so far is to re-save the products but I have way to many products to go through manually.

If anyone else has any ideas that I can try that would be great.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnshumaanBakshi

Total Posts:  33
Delhi, India

Hi,

I imported 2500 products and the search stooped working along with if I select all products from number of products to be shown on products list page.

I Re indexed all the items in Index management and this worked and fixed both of my issues. I am on M 1.4.1.1

Thanx
AB

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anjan Barik

Total Posts:  18
Kolkata

Hi, I have the same problem.
I Goto System->Index management.
checked Catalog Search Index and Reindex the data. then I refresh my cache and searched it.Then It worked thanks all.My problem solved

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello,

After each import you need run full reindex. Take a look at this extension Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing. It solve this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community