Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Price Rule - Override Discount Qty Step in conditions? 

K1t3

Total Posts:  7

I\’m struggling to get this shopping cart price rule working as I need it. Hoping someone can advise if this is even possible....

I\’ve set up a coupon that offers a fixed price discount per product when 2 are purchased (applies to multiples of 2 - so have set 2 as the Discount Qty Step). This works great.

My problem is if the customer adds different colours and/or sizes to their cart (of the same product) - this puts the product as 2 separate items in the cart, whereby the quantity of each is only 1. Because my rule is set to apply to quantity of 2, even if the coupon is applied in this scenario, no discount is applied because the quantity of each item is only 1. It seems that the Discount Qty Step takes priority and overwrites any other conditional rule.

I can get it working if I change the Discount Qty Step to 1....but then I have further problems whereby the discount is applied to every 1 product (e.g. customer selects 3 of same product - discount should only apply to first 2 - but doing it this way, discount is applied to all 3 which is incorrect).

So, is it possible to have:

Coupon discount applied to specific product with multiples of 2 AND the same coupon discount applied to the same product but that is listed separately in the cart (therefore quantity of each is 1), due to colour or size attributes?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi! Special Promotions Extension will be a great helper for you.
For more details, user guide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty.com/special-promotions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

K1t3

Total Posts:  7

Thanks Amasty! I did some research and found your extension to look the best for what I need. Purchased and installed and solves my problems! Great extension - thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community