Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reorganize/Rearrange product order

tonedoggydogg

Total Posts:  28

Strictly for cosmetic purposes, we’d like to organize our products so that they display in a certain order when visiting a particular category. How can we specify the order of the products when displayed? Are they displayed based on the (unmodifiable) Item ID number?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

The product order is stored per category. Go to category edit, 2nd tab - Products. There for all enabled products you can specify position for each product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

monk707

Total Posts:  4

Moshe - 10 March 2008 10:15 PM

The product order is stored per category. Go to category edit, 2nd tab - Products. There for all enabled products you can specify position for each product.

WOW....that was a fast answer.....awesome.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonedoggydogg

Total Posts:  28

Moshe - 10 March 2008 10:15 PM

Thank you very much. That makes a lot of since. This is a fantastic product, once you get it installed okay.

Good day.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Earl The Pearl

Total Posts:  7

I’m having issues with sorting my product. I’m going into Manage Category>Category Products>then organizing the positions to how I want them to be on the front end. It worked for me, but now it’s resorted back to the original line up. I figured something might have not been saved or erased, but it wasn’t. My position order is just as I want it, but it doesn’t appear that way on the front end.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

InitechDesign

Total Posts:  88

Try “System” “Cache management” and then click the “Rebuild” button for “Rebuild catalog index”

Magento Community
Magento Community

tswangler

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I have changed the category position number and it still hasn’t changed. I also refreshed the cache.

help please.

thank you,

Tracy

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Try to clear the browser’s cache.  Magento stores last sorting option in the cookies. It’s often raise a question when we support our Improved Sorting extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PartsDude1

Total Posts:  2

You may want to take a look at this plugin to help sort and organize products in category pages by drag and drop: http://www.ontapgroup.com/index.php/app/visual-merchandiser/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community