Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Delays in backend rendering when using Magento behind a proxy

Axo000

Total Posts:  1

I’ve noticed that when I use the admin panel in Magento behind a proxy (for dev), magento tries to open a tcp socket with 208.69.122.8 directly (not thru proxy) and delays the page rendering.
If I create an IP alias for that address the rendering time improves noticeably.
A couple of questions arise:
is this a common behaviour for Magento?
whats that ip for?
is there a way to disable that checking within Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

This is most likely the server where Magento fetches the admin notification emails from.
Disabling the module output in the configuration did not help (at least on my system), so afaik it is necessary to fool around with the source code to disable the outbound call.

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

mneethling

Total Posts:  5

@AX0oo: Did you manage to configure Magento to make requests through the proxy or stop it from requesting at all?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community