Magento Forum

Catalog search results don’t seem to match my search terms

desquite

Total Posts:  9

I just upgraded from 1.1.6 to 1.3.1 and everything seems to be working ok on the site.  Initially, search results weren’t showing up until I rebuilt the Search Index.  However, the results seem to be a irrelevant to my search terms.  When I search for pretty much anything ("bags" or “table” for example) I get results that don’t have the word “bags” or “table” in them anywhere.  I’ve even looked at the product details to see if there were any ‘hidden’ fields with the words and checked Catalog->Search for synonyms or url redirects but I don’t see anything.

I also went to System->Configuration->Catalog->Catalog Search and changed the Search Type to see if it would make a difference.

Is there something I’m missing? I’ve tried clearing all cached files and updating the search index multiple times.

Thanks so much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

louise100

Total Posts:  168
UK

I’m having the same problem with 1.3.1 and I think I know why..

It would seem that its automatically sorts by relevance but the sort direction defaults to the direction that shows the LEAST RELEVANT RESULTS FIRST!!!

That really is shocking..

Does anyone know how to change the sort order of the search results?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

You can solve this problem using extension Advanced Sphinx Search Pro http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html .

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community